Magic and Mayhem

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Janine
    Janine

Here is a cute wizard - I also added him into Fantasy group.

Thought this looked very 'fairytalish'...

White Tower by Snow Skadi
  2. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    The castle picture is really cool
  3. Janine
    Janine
    I thought that castle was interesting. I just went to research his site, and found a lot of interesting artwork. If you care to check it out here is the link:

http://snowskadi.deviantart.com/gallery/

I went through his gallery and copied many of the pieces so I could run a slideshow on my computer or use as a screen-saver. Lots of fantastical horses, for those who like horses...creatures like unicorns, pegasus, etc. The further in one goes the more interesting it got so I finally had to make myself quit.
  4. Nightshade
    Nightshade
    Ive joined the group, HUmm asnt there an Italian Renessiance writer who put down one of the earlier versions of snow white? Oh wait no that was sleeping beauty..very starnge story basically as I rember it she is a sleep but sttill manages to end up married locked in a tower and give birth to 3 children. And its only after somthing threatens the children and her husband the prince that she wake up.
    Somthing like that anyway. ANd isnt the moral of the frog prince dont judge a book by its cover and keepingt promises is important and will earn you a reward?
  5. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    About the Frog Prince, I think that is the moral, but I do not think the princess herself learned that moral, she was forced to keep the promomise and did not do so of her own volition, and only minimaly, and she did judge the frog, but she was still rewarded. She acted like a spolied brat the whole time.
  6. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Sense sleeping Beauty has been mentioned, here are some illustrations from the story

Arthur Rackham

Ivy Chow

Sir Edward Burne-Jones

Maynell

Sir Edward Burne-Jones

Maxfield Parrish

Thomas Spence

Jessie Willcox Smith

7. Janine
    Janine
    I have a book of Arthur Rackham's work; I like him very much. I like the painting by Thomas Spence and the one by Maxfield Parish - can't say I have ever seen either of those before and they are wonderful. I love the last one listed here, also. Any ideas on who did that one?
  8. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    She calls herself Decline Gothica
  9. Janine
    Janine
    Oh, I see...then it is like a pen name or user name. I like the picture - is it a photo colored or a painting?
  10. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Yes, it is a pen name of sorts, I think it is a manipulated photo
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast