1/4 cup minced garlic
    2 teaspoons paprika
    1 pound raw shrimp, (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined
    2 (16 oz) cans large butter beans or cannellini beans, rinsed
    1/4 cup sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
    1/2 cup chopped parsley
    fresh ground pepper

Cooking directions:
    1 - bring 1 inch of water to a boil in large saucepan. Put green beans in a steamer basket, place in pan, cover and steam until tendercrisp (4 - 6 minutes)
    2 - meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and paprika and cook , stirring constantly, until just fragant but not browned, about 20 seconds. Add shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, about 2 minutes each side. Stir in butter beans or cannelini beans, and vinegar, cook, stirring occassionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup parsley.
    3 - divide the green beans among 4 plates. Top with the shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining parsley
  2. sprinks
    sprinks
    I like cooking... But not as much as my mum and brother do! I'll be sure to recommend some of the recipies to them!
  3. lugdunum
    lugdunum
    I just love cooking.........
    Even if I usually end up cooking the same thing week after week (in order to save time mainly) I've made a rule to try a new recipes at least once every fortnight.
    I'll try to share them with you.
  4. papayahed
    papayahed
    Alll Riigghhtt. Great idea for a group. Does anybody have an good ideas for chicken? I always end up with the same thing on my plate - grilled chicken.
  5. pussnboots
    pussnboots
    Papaya, I have a few chicken recipes. I'll have to write them down first then I'll post them
  6. pussnboots
    pussnboots
    I recall a while back someone had made shepards pie. I can't remember who it was. If you see this entry can you post the recipe here
  7. lugdunum
    lugdunum
    Papaya, which part of the chicken do you want to cook? wings, breast or just the whole chicken?
  8. barbara0207
    barbara0207
    Papaya, how about a fricasse?
    Cook a chicken soup (from a whole young chicken or just parts of it if you don't need so much). If you've never done that, just ask. For the fricasse you need the meat from the chicken, asparagus and mushrooms - about the same amount of each. Cut asparagus in pieces, mushrooms in slices and cook them in some of the broth (You don't have to do that if you use cans). Cut chicken in cubes. Melt a spoonful of butter or margarine in a pot; when it's hot, add a big spoonful of flour, pull the pot off the fire and stir. Add broth (cold or lukewarm, otherwise there will be lumps) and stir vigorously with a whisk. Add the broth you cooked the asparagus and mushrooms in. Put the pot back on the fire and go on stirring. You must experiment a bit until you get the right consistency of the sauce. Now add salt, mushrooms, chicken and asparagus. Heat again if necessary. Serve with rice and green salad.

I hope I've made myself clear. I wouldn't have thought it could be so hard to, describe something you've done over and over again. I'm especially bad at telling people how much of the ingredients they need.

Very good recipe, pussnboots! I'll certainly try that one.
  9. pussnboots
    pussnboots
    welcome Barbara, the recipe below sounds good
  10. kiz_paws
    kiz_paws
    Hey, I joined NOT because I like to cook, but rather, to exchange ideas with other people who know their way around a kitchen!

I do have a couple of decent recipes, though, and I will be glad to share with everyone here.

That Paprika Shrimp recipe looks awesome, I'll have to try it. As well, Barbara, the fricasse is something that I always wondered about. Thanks for sharing your ideas here!
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast