The Dark Side

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1. Sweets America
    Sweets America
    Hey, I LOVE the horror genre! I love horror movies, disturbing movies and such... Love the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974 original version!), I have many horror DVDs here. I'm not sure about books, I don't think I've ever been scared by a horror book, but I love Stephen King, even if I don't see him as a horror writer.
  2. manolia
    manolia
    Nice idea for a group! I love Lovecraft, S King and many others..
    As for horror movies "Hellraiser" (the first) is my favourite :-)
  3. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Greetings, nice to see you. Yes I am currently reading one of Lovecrafts collections of stories. They are very interesting. King is good too, I am at the moment reading The Tommyknokers.
  4. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    I have just got back from seeing the movie Mirrors. It was an interesting concept, but there were a couple places I think it went a bit overboard. There were some parts that were unessciarly gorey, as well a few things that did not completely fit or make sense. Sometimes that happens in horror, they step out of the plot to go for shock vaule. But over all I still enjoyed it.
  5. papayahed
    papayahed
    Hey Dark - Tommyknockers wasn't my favorite King book. I loved Texas Chainsaw Massacre, especially the original. The remake was ok.
  6. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Acutally I am really enjoying Tommyknockers. Out of what I have read of his so far, it is one of my favorties next to The Stand which I just loved
  7. papayahed
    papayahed
    oh, I loved the Stand, that and It might be my favorites.
  8. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Hehe, see for me, I did not care for It that much.
  9. Dark Muse
    Dark Muse
    Naturally whenever horror is mentioned it is usually always Stephen King's name that comes up, which is understanble, but I really like Peter Straub, I have not read as much of him as I have read King, but what I have read I liked better.

Any one else out there read Straub?
  10. papayahed
    papayahed
    Straub is the guy that wrote "koko" right?
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast