View RSS Feed

IJustMadeThatUp

Back to the Grindstone

Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
I've been back from holidays now for just over a week, and I've got a severe case of realityitis. Work is depressing and I'm sorely missing a certain someone. It's very hard to go back to text messages after having them in real life for two weeks.

My bad mood has meant that I'm making more effort to keep myself busy, so I don't dwell on my little miseries. I even went jogging tonight, after playing a netball Grand Final this morning - we lost - so you can tell I'm in dire straights when the exercise goes into overdrive.

Sigh.

Now I'm getting myself down, so we'll change the topic.

I've started my university studies for the Semester. My university starts at least two weeks before all of the other West Australian unis, which is ok, I just finish earlier. I have to get a student card for exams, so we'll see how this picture turns out. The pictures on my current staff card (I work at a uni) and my first student card make me look like I'm posing for a mug shot and have a bad attitude I'll try to keep the smug smirks to a minimum.

Anyway, I'm getting tired, so I think I'll sleep while I have the chance.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It is hard to get back to one's usual schedule after an extended time with those you love. I went through that last summer and again at Christmas.

The feeling fades, but I'm not saying that's a good thing.

Take care.
    One always needs a vacation after coming back from vacation. I'm glad you had a good tiume IJMTU, and once you're done with school, the world will be more open to you.
    Welcome back to reality. It sucks, eh?

My student ID card is bad too. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE'S is bad, like driver's licence pics. It's because once upon a time an evil wizard decided to curse all automobile drivers and students, forcing them to forever look like either criminals or fops. That, or it's because the establishments won't let us show any emotion in our faces.
    Long distance relationships are hard but they also give you something to look forward to

It is good that you have things to keep you busy... Keep working; it takes your mind off thing and makes time go faster.

My student ID picture was taken at the time when I had my hair cut very short to donate it; a friend said I looked like Elvis but "not half as good looking..."

Glad you are back home safe and sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf
    Welcome back to reality. It sucks, eh?

My student ID card is bad too. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE'S is bad, like driver's licence pics. It's because once upon a time an evil wizard decided to curse all automobile drivers and students, forcing them to forever look like either criminals or fops. That, or it's because the establishments won't let us show any emotion in our faces.
    blurry ID pictures sure do make it nice for those of us with friends of-age that look sorta kinda like us though.
    Well, the words of encouragement and bad ID sympathizers sure do make me feel better Thanks guys.

As for you Ben, I was always too scared to go the fake ID route. I found it hilarious in Colorado being asked for ID!