Until finally a sun-ray,
The leaves sit and lie still.
The cat and the listless tree,
Left to contain her will.

Updated 02-20-2010 at 11:14 PM by Heathcliff

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Eh, now somebody make some sense of this jumble of big words. Seems like rambled jargon to me.

Only further to conclude my point, the most trivial rubbish can be portrayed as 'deep'.
    Hmm. I won't try to make sense of it, but I'm rubbish at interpreting poetry, but this line 'Although there's nothing there.' seems a little too long to me. Maybe that's just me, though.
    Yea, that line bothers me. Ideally, it could've had the word but rather than although, however that just sounds extremely pathetic.

In all moderately professional sounding pieces I never use but.

And in essays and exams, I never use... eh... whatever those things are called that have apostrophies in them. Apparently we get marked down on don't, can't, shouldn't, etc.
    Just an idea. If you find that line longer than you like, you may want to replace "although" with "though" and thus you cut down one syllable

Anyways, it sounds good to me as it is I mean the whole poem. It's really interesting.
    I don't know about deep, but it is adorable. I love the title.

Possibly your teacher's do that because when you are writing an essay it's considered more formal not to luse contractions. In poetry you can write using whatever words you like in whatever fasion you like. The rules go out the window. Freedom reigns. Rejoice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff
    And in essays and exams, I never use... eh... whatever those things are called that have apostrophes in them. Apparently we get marked down on don't, can't, shouldn't, etc.
    Their proper name would be "contractions" , though I don't see why someone should get marked down on their use. Must be because they are informal language features, but in any case, I don't agree with banning their use in serious writing. They may sound good in some contexts.
    Oh, I agree with qimi. Poetry gives you the freedom to unfold every wing
    erm, how poetic, Maximilianus!
    Thank you qimi
    This wasn't a good one. Didn't come from the heart.
    That doesn't make it not good; that just makes it not special to you, Heathcliffe.
    Ehh, I guess... But I'm not happy... I must make it about some soppy life experience. That's the sentimental rubbish I like.

Ehh, lost my inspiration to write over the past week.
    No, no, there's no rubbish on this blog. It's all very nice, even the ones you dislike. Consider that while you may not like it, others may
    Yea, yea...
    Maxi you are an angel.
    I know, I know.... I just forgot where I put my wings last time I saw them
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilianus
    I know, I know.... I just forgot where I put my wings last time I saw them