View RSS Feed

IJustMadeThatUp

It Rained.

Rate this Entry
It rained tonight after not raining for a long time. The air smelt sweet and heavy, like lanolin, as I drove home. I was expecting the oily, thick texture, and almost sour taste on my tongue that lanolin leaves.

I stopped next to a dark blue car at the traffic lights. The driver took off too fast and skidded on the slick road. The tires squealed, the car jerked sideways, the driver corrected the car's path and continued on their way.

I turned, then turned, then turned twice more and ended my journey in the carport. The dogs were excited to see me.

I'm pretty excited these days. I'm flying to the other side of the world in less than a week. I keep getting little bubbles of excitement that well up in my stomach, travel up my oesophagus and then burst in my throat with a tiny squeal, laugh or smile.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I haven't really traveled in so long, but it'll do that to you. I am envious. Where are you going on the other side of the world?
    Love this little viginette, IJustMadeThatUp, and your description of your excitement. Where are you going? Like jersea, I am a tad envious.

Wherever it is, have fun and think of us.