View RSS Feed

Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy

In Bruges

Rate this Entry
As many of you here well know, i was off galivanting in Bruges from last Friday to Monday, here are a few of my favourite snaps from one of the Worlds most Beautiful Cities.

Ugh!

Updated 09-26-2009 at 07:32 AM by Niamh

Categories
Travel Diary photo gallery

Comments

What a gorgeous city. How come I've never heard of it as a tourist destination? I guess it's because it's a small city. I looked up the population and it's only a little over a 100,000. Stunning pictures Niamh. I will say I prefer the color over the black and white.
    for most of the colour one i used a function called Chrome which brought out the burnt orange and red colours of hte buildings and trees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niamh
    for most of the colour one i used a function called Chrome which brought out the burnt orange and red colours of hte buildings and trees.
    Works nicely!
    Lovely photos!

Feeling jealous of all your travels, Niamh!
    Lovely pictures Niamh. I love the two linear ones - first the street then the canal, there's something about placing them both together which has an impact. Bruges looks nice, but you haven't made any statement on the most important question: how was the beer?
    hehehe i used the trip to Bruges as an excuse to fuel up on Cherry Kriek, as i cant find that anywhere here.
    Deary me, I have to get out of Australia and see the world. Well done on your snapshots. They are fabulous. What a beautiful place.
    That is among the most gorgeous place I have ever seen in photographed. Your photography keeps getting better, Niamh! So lovely.
    I think the more i snap, the more i notice things like light, or get ideas and such. The idea of capturing the reflection of the building in the water popped into my head, and i snapped away trying different things until i was happy. While walking through the car free sunday market i suddenly thought how nice it would be to have a black and white of the whole thing. there was something oldstyle and classic about the market that to me a B&W felt right. I think i'm starting to think like a photographer.
    I got excited when i realised the chrome function would bring out the autumn colours and the burnt colours of the roof tops etc... unfortunately i only thought of it on the last day. However, its not a good thing to use with lots of people around because their faces get an orange hue and they look like oompa loompas!
    What camera are you using Niamh?
    I'm using a finipix s1000. I love it. best €200 i ever spent.