View RSS Feed

Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy

Some future wanders for the traveller in me! :D

Rate this Entry
So litnet knows i'm a lover of travelling. This year i havent done much bar a weekend in Worchester, Manchester and Edinburgh. I'll probably throw another weekend to Worcester in for later this year but i do have a couple of other trips planned for this year!
Next month i'm off to Bruges. A couple of friends of mine from Belgium are getting married. i'm going to be there for five days, so i'm going to have an adventure in Bruges for a few days on my own (unless subby or someone wants to come to Belgium to meet me! ) So expect a lot of photos!
Also in November i'm going to Cardiff with my best friend. we are going to be complete geeks and do the torchwood tour! We are looking to go for a gig or other things to do but i think its going to be a good weekend! Expect photos from there too!
I think thats it for this year but i do already have a few trips planned for next year already! hehehe In the end of March i'm off back to Wales to Llanelli for a Paranormal investigation weekend at Pembery Woods and Bunkers. cant wait.
Maybe late next year i'll use two of my holiday weeks to pop back over to Australia to see the bro and sis. Dont think my big trip will happen now due to the whole college thing. Think the second year is going to cost close to 3000. eek!
But the biggy is in January! I'm hoping to get little over a week off from work so i can go spend seven days throwing snowballs at a certain forum member in Canada! I've put in for the hols so fingers crossed everyone i get granted the time off. I've never been to Canada, and i've never seen proper snow before either so i'm really excited about going to see such a beautiful country!!! I've already picked up a pair of warm fleece lined boots, and i have my eye on a new hat, scarf and glove/ mitten set. I cant wait!
On another note, i'm going back to college in october! wish me luck!

Updated 09-26-2009 at 07:33 AM by Niamh

Categories
Travel Diary photo gallery

Comments

Good!!! Travel! You know Canada is awesome! Keep it up, travel the world, go to college! all good things
    Oh oh! That just reminded me did you know you can adopt a snowball do you reckon you could bring me one home please.............

Seriiously though YAY!
    adopt a snowball???
    Never mind, its a long story involving birthdays, eid, a shortage of funds a coral reef and the amazing powers of the internet!
    I have to admit to feeling some envy, but I am happy for you, too. What are you going to study in college?
    I'm planning on studying Literature and the english language.
    Have fun, Niamh! Hmm, Canada, you say... I think we're in for a pretty harsh winter, and if you're anything like me, you're going to want to bring LOTS of sweaters to wear under your coat. Thermal underwear might be a good investment, too (Long johns).
    Bring it on! I like cold weather so i cant wait to experience the extreme cold!
    Does this mean you're not coming to New York?
    Cardiff is a pretty nice place - I've been a couple of times 'cos we've got customers out there. Last time we went to the football (Wales v Germany) which was interesting. I'd like to see more of the city - you'll have to do pictures

Good luck with college - good for you going back. I'd love to go back (but someone has to pay the mortgage *sigh*).
    I might be able to fit a weekend in new york next year Virgil. My best friend loves New York and i'm sure if i said those words to her, she'd be looking up flights in an instant! but because of college fees, i wont be going on my big trip.
    Fifth, are there no little courses you can take that are cheap?
    Not really. There's a college nearby but they only seem to teach subjects like Crystal healing and Reiki I'm pretty good at self teaching anyway (I'm learning about science, specifically quantum theory, and philosophy at the moment) but I lack discipline without the structure of a course, and with two kiddies time is a real big factor. Plus I have to fit the writing in somewhere too!!! Maybe I'll go back to college when I retire
    Well, let me know ahead of time.
    Of course!