View RSS Feed

The (not so) Inner Whinings of an Impatient Rambler

Bouncing off the Walls!!!

Rate this Entry
I'm pretty much jumping up and down right now. I was, quite literally, doing just that a little while ago. I haven't posted anything to this blog in a while because I didn't have anything to write about, really. Nothing other than minor complaints about my job and the drama of my friends' lives, which no one wants to hear about, and about which I have no desire to write.

Excited rambling!

Anyways, the point of this is that I got the bets news tonight that I have had in quite some time. After a very intense debate with myself, I have decided to ignore the fact that I have not saved nearly as much money this summer as is generally considered acceptable, and with the approval of my coach, I'm making my way back into the horse show ring this weekend!!!

YYYAAAYYYYY!!!!

My original summer plans were to show Shadow, the pony I trained last summer, in his first shows this year, but that didn't end up happening. The friend of mine that took him to his first show has ended up continuing the season on him, and they're doing pretty well. So since she and I ride in the same class, I haven't been able to ride Shadow much and my coach has had me working with a new mare named Moonstone. Moonie is pretty green- she does all her basic flatwork and is just learning to jump. She's very honest, that is, she wants to do what you ask of her, even when the circumstances aren't optimal, but she takes a little more work to go forward from leg pressure and has a very sensitive mouth. Either way, she's my kind of horse- older than most horses when they start their training and nervous about life. Those are the ones I like.

This is her:

And I believe she's going to be formally named Clair de Lune, in keeping with her moon-related barn name and the fact that it's one of my favourite pieces of music. It's very quiet and sweet, just like her.

She's a super good girl and I cannot wait to see how she reacts to the whole situation. AH I love horse shows! It might be an epic failure, but whatever! If Moonie is a good girl and I don't ride like complete crap, I'll be the happiest girl alive.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck with the horse show and let us know how it turns out!!!
    We're coming to watch if the truck is fixed by then =D. Very best of luck to you, don't get stuck in your tall boots .
    Much good luck! It is the most fun in the world to have something that you love doing and to be able to do it!
    I'm amazed at how many horse people are here on lit net. Having grown up in New York City, I don't think I even saw a real life horse until I was an adult. Except of course the mounted police, and they had huge horses. And the only talk of horses was from my friend's father who loved to bet on the horse races. And I don't think any of those horses were named anything like Clair de Lune.

I'm not sure I understand the relationship between not saving enough money and the horse show. Does it cost money to enter? Or would being in the show take you away from a job?

Well, Clair does look like a pretty filly. I hope you do great. And have fun.
    Thank you everyone!

Look forward to seeing you Beccs!

Virgil, horse shows are actually competitions, so they require money to enter. And showing horses is one of the most expensive sports you'll find, I think. This is the lowest level of showing there is, and the day is going to cost me at least $300.00, which is for coaching, having my horse clipped and braided, and entry fees. This is the extreme low of the spectrum. This doesn't count the ridiculous amounts required for all the equipment for both horse and rider. Since I'm supposed to be saving money for school, I don't really have this much money to spend on one day, but I'm doing it anyway
    Thank you. Well, good luck. I hope you do well.
    How on EARTH do you manage to spend at least $300 on a show day??? Maybe I'm just thrifty, but.... HOW?
    She's beautiful cc!
    Thanks guys! I'll post photos form the day later!

Becca- $185 to my barn, $90 for entries, $30 for braiding (mandatory). And that's for a show where we didn't have to trailer out!
    oooo! i hope all went well!
    Ahh, I see... I forgot about paying the barn, obviously I've been riding my own or riding for free, and only have to worry about entrance fees.