View RSS Feed

BienvenuJDC

It's been real, but is it worth it?

Rate this Entry
It has been a while since I have been here. Although I've enjoyed many of the games, I have been trying to figure out the benefits of visiting this site. If I can add a profitable aspect to this site, I could give some time to do that. However, I have found many of the discussions to be unprofitable Christian bashing episodes. Many of the threads that have been added are totally unrelated to literature and have been added to spark controversial discussion that attacks Christian values.

Is this site worth the time that I could apply to it? Will I be missed if I choose to leave? who here wants me to stick around?
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Stick around, Bien... I know there are lots of threads I personally disagree with, but you know what they say about fighting on the Internet... try to involve yourself in one of the books clubs, comment and critique the short stories, etc. If you don't enjoy yourself on the site, then leave. Not every experience has to be constructive. I come and cruise around her to relax, read some opinions and insights, maybe read some (mostly terrible) short stories, and make friends. But I also get literary value out of it.
    Hora , I am a new-comer , trying to find sth valuable .
    I like having you here. But I have to say, you do a good job on sodahead and I enjoy reading your genteel posts there, even when people are being rude. I hope you do stay, but even if you don't I'll continue to keep in touch through sh.
    Quote Originally Posted by andave_ya
    I like having you here. But I have to say, you do a good job on sodahead and I enjoy reading your genteel posts there, even when people are being rude. I hope you do stay, but even if you don't I'll continue to keep in touch through sh.
    You know that I've been on Sodahead too long when I'm trying to Rave you...
    It's worth it, if you enjoy yourself. I know everyone certainly enjoys you
    Christian bashing? I suppose it is a matter of perspective, to me it always felt as if the overwhelming majority of this site is primarily Christian.
    I'm sorry I introduced you to sodahead. I understand your feelings. I've actually been questioning being around myself at times, but lit net is me and I just really ignore the intolerant morons. At least most of the time. I must say sodahead takes up the bulk of my internet time too. I come here for two reasons, the little literature that occaisionally gets discussed and the friends I have here. And frankly religion and politics shouldn't be discussed here. I said that once that door was openned political issues would become the ever increasing abosrbtion of the members and alieinate members who really come here to discuss literature. I'm afraid that's what's happened. Literature is a small part of our every day consciouness. Politics and religion (and I include atheism as a religion) dominate our consciousness throughout the day, and so if one wants to have a literature site there needs to be certain mitigating forces to damp down our impulse to express what dominates our brains.
    Stick around.
    Well, it's equal opportunity bashing in the religion section if you ask me! Seriously though, just don't go there, it brings out the worst in people. try to hang around in the happier spots.
    I agree with everyone else. But I understand your points, personally I`m trying to stick to the poetry threads so I can learn a little bit more...
    I would say stick around, even to see you now and then would be nice.
    Agreed with all of the above! The people are so friendly here, I think. I usually don't visit the threads with the intense discussions ( really, just drawn out arguments!).
    I am starting over with my friends list...if anyone wishes to be back on it, please just ask...
    I'm glad you're staying Bien. As the U2 song says, "don't let the bastards grind you down."
    Sad but true, litnet has its own neighborhood thugs. Just hang with the beautiful people (like us ). There's tons of good natured fun to be had in games, not to mention the occasional lovefests in haikuland . It just won't be the same here without Bien!
    Do stick around, will you Bien ? We all enjoy your company. I wondered where you ran off to. I really think one can benefit from this site; but stay clear of those pointless discussions on politics or religion. I do so myself. I usually pick a few threads I frequent often, and let the majority of senseless or meaningless ones pass by me. I don't need the aggravation. Unfortunately, a few disputes break out in some of the literary threads, but not as often as you would think. Usually, the tone in those is way more friendly and respective of other's thoughts or ideas. You could go back to our discussion in the social group for Broadway. I posted and no one answered my last post. gimissung is interested in discussing the current musical - 'Phantom' or we could start another. You have been very missed in that group; and you came up with such great material!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Muse
    Christian bashing? I suppose it is a matter of perspective, to me it always felt as if the overwhelming majority of this site is primarily Christian.
    It's the most Christian and well-behaved forum that I've ever been across. However, a lot of the discussions do seem to end up being about religion.