View RSS Feed

Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix

Visit To France, Part One

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
I was in Europe for the first week of June and am just getting around to blogging about it now. My husband had business in Ireland and in England and I wasn't able to go the previous week with him, but met him in London on May 31st. He had to work the first couple of days I was there, but that was ok, I had been to London before and knew exactly what shops, parks, etc., that I HAD to go and re-visit, so that was grrrrrreat!

On the Wednesday, we took the Eurostar train through the Channel Tunnel (the Chunnel) and then made our way to Paris. Oh I did LOVE France -- we did a whirlwind 'tour' of the beautiful city of Paris on the Wednesday, Thursday and the Friday. Here are a few photos:

Arc de Triomphe, the world's largest triumphal arch

These were of the breathtaking Eiffel Tower, which was a MUST to visit.

A View From The Eiffel Tower

The above photo was taken while we were on a Paris Bus Tour
I got this shot to note the Old mixed with the Newer architecture
as well as to forever remember how narrow those streets really were! Cool!

The above photo is the inside view of the world-famous Notre Dame Cathedral, what an awesome and historical building indeed. We had lunch at an outdoor cafe (there are many many of those in Paris) right across the street from this beautiful cathedral.

I found the people to be charming and warm, and got to practice my 'text-book' French, which got mixed reactions for sure. Yes, Canada is bi-lingual but I think that 'our' French is somewhat different from the French spoken there. I smiled softly to myself time and time again, when my husband (who barely says hello in French, tee hee) would have me ask a person for this, or how to get to there, and so on and so forth. That was so much fun!!

Well, this was the fun leg of the journey, my Part Two will deal with a fun event -- but it was kind of family business really. It was our journey from Paris to the north of France, where there is a gravesite where my uncle is buried. But more on that at a later time.

It was great to come back home, but I would love and cherish another (longer?) visit to France, as this is a place that one can get completely absorbed in.

Au revoir!

K♥zzo
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Who cares about buildings? So what kinds of wines?
    Sounds like a fun trip -- and good photos too. Now maybe my next run should be in Paris. . .:-)
    Gorgeous Kizzo. My mother-in-law was in France the very same time, though i think she was in Paris the week before. Notre Dame looks gorgeous. It must be huge. That photo looks like it captures just from the altar back.
    Glad you liked the pix!
    Peter -- funny you should ask about the wines, nothing on earth can compare, believe me! I also noted that it was cheaper to order a glass of wine than coffee at any restaurant.... [well twist my rubber arm already!! lol]
    The pictures were excellent but from you I expect no less. Glad you had a nice visit and hopefully reunited with Pepper by now. Always good to see you here.
    Beautiful Kiz! France is on my "to visit on day" list. I'm dying to see the Louvre, and all the beautiful architecture. I love my home town and all, but in the U.S. there really isn't too much that can compare with the historical building in Europe. So glad to hear that you had a great time. Much Love, Meg
    oh wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    very pretty. Glad you had fun
    Very good pictures of Paris that you've got there.