View RSS Feed

Imported Poems

Latest From Me

Rate this Entry
Hey everybody,

I'm home for the summer - getting to see my girlfriend again has been really great. It's almost as if we never parted. Got her a few presents, one of which may or may not be related to a trip I took with some friends to Walden Pond (shhh).

Over the past few months of school, there's been some anxiety over grades, but it's over with relatively minor hubbub. I'm just glad I can put last semester behind me and focus on improving for the upcoming one. There's been some time for fun, though - day before I came home, I went to Anime Boston, only my second anime convention. 'Twas much fun - didn't get a ticket to the fancy-schmancy ball, but took a ballroom lesson that I very much enjoyed, as I had a friend of mine who also loves to dance for a partner.

I have an internship lined up for the summer, which I guess makes me one of the lucky ones. I'm excited to see how that turns out. If nothing else, it's good experience in a good environment (and the pay's not bad, either).

Slowly picking up the piano again - it recently occurred to me that my problem solving ability went down the tubes around the time I stopped practicing. We'll see how that goes. All I can say is, I'm loving musicals more and more.

Speaking of musicals, I'm not sure if I told you guys, but I was recently in the dorm production of Sweet Charity as an ensemble member. I don't get much in the way of lines, but I did get six costume changes (two of them fast) and a lot of rehearsal calls that sucked away a huge amount of my time - I loved every minute of it. Can't wait to see what the show's going to be next year.

I also got to see Spring Awakening with some of the cast while the show was on its national tour - it's not often I get to see professional quality musicals, and although it's not my usual cup of tea, I had a blast.

I've been picking up my writing, again, too - MAN, it feels good to do that again. I took a class on short stories this past semester, and I feel like I'm much improved - all due credit to my wonderful professor and classmates.

I think that's all for now - hopefully, I'll get to talk to you all soon. Toodles! =)
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

All of that is great Robin. I remember visiting Walden Pond many years ago. There was a company just out side there that did a fair amount of manufacturing for us and they kidded around that they dumped all their waste products into the pond. Of course they were joking. But the locals actually hated any company being in the area. They took Wladen Pond as some sacred place that purity was required, you know typical environmental whackos. Ultimately they forced that company to move out, I think they went down to North Carolina. And took a fair amount of jobs too. Serves the locals right.

Anyway glad you're working and will be enjoying the summer. Perhaps I'll see a short story from you.