View RSS Feed

Exiled in a kilt

finishing off

Rate this Entry
So just finishing off the entries on this subject.
I decided to be open & honest. then she was - she couldnt be with someone like me. Meh ok fine so be it.

I am actually happier now than then though for reasons I cant yet disclose. Will say however that life is wonderful & I am walking tall.

On another note, I am back to 183 again. This is the weight I played rugby at when I was 17. havent seen it since end of high school. I balooned for a period - heaviest I ever got to was 286. I am ridiculously happy now. Still to work on conditioning though as the current specimen has flab where the 17yo was toned. Need to go 20lbs more then put it back on as muscle again. Gonna be in the best shape of my life.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That is one uplifting blog!
    Oh that is fabulous about the weight. That is actually awesome. How many pounds did you lose since you got the rowing machine?
    what did you do to take off the weight ?
    Wait rowing machine!? Here I was thinking you were actually rowing on water,
    Virg, it is about 40 since the rowing machine.

Night, you know fine well I cant exactly swim - me rowing on actual water = big no no

Puss, I have been doing various things to help get the weight off - most importantly eating better. Less microwaved, processed crap & watching my portion sizes. The other thing that helped a lot is actually my job - I have a very blue collar job & quite often am physically exhausted from lifting around BBQ's, generators & at this time of year swimming pools, treadmills & trampolines by the time I get home. In January I got myself a rowing machine which I am on each night for 45mins before I go to bed. For the past month now I have also added in 60 sit-ups a morning before leaving for work. That has left me in a position that the last few weeks my cardio has been back up enough that I have been able to go for a good 3k run along the side of the lake (just back from this just now actually)
    Outstanding!!!
    wooooooow, kilted, that's great!
    Wow Kilted! Now I want a rowing machine! I'm still on the treadmill and I'm about sick of it. I've been trying to add weights, but I don't really know what I'm doing. All I have are some hand weights. You've done a great job! I think you should post a new picture. How much do you look like Sherk now?