View RSS Feed

Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix

Chatter From The Prairie Dawg

Rate this Entry
It's been a while.

Anyhow, what's up in my world is that I have devoted a LOT more time to my piano practicing, and it is paying off. The pieces that I used to play with ease have slowly come back to me. There's an old saying -- if ya don't use it, ya lose it. And I had got to thinking about how much I enjoyed playing piano, and the challenge of learning a new piece, so yeah ... I have caught up with my Chopin, Bach, etc., and learned the Second Movement of Beethoven's Pathétique Sonata (No.8 in C minor, Op.13). As of late, I have begun tackling a difficult piece (in my eyes, anyway). It is Chopin's Berceuse Op.57. What a beautiful piece indeed, but will probably take me a year to get through. You can hear it on YouTube, Berceuse Op.57

Nice, eh?

Since late February, I have decided to read the seven books in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I had read a number of his books in the past, and though he is not my favorite writer, there is something to be said about the way he works his characters in a novel. In any case, my group of friends have pretty much read the series, and will mention a quip or a scenario from that series of books. And I had never bothered with any of it, because I thought it was Stephen King goes Western (the first book of the series is called The Gunslinger), and that is not a genre I really get into (sorry if I offend anyone). Well, having said all this -- the seven books were worth the read. Some of the books were better written than others, and there were some parts that should have stayed in the slag pile at the publishers, but overall, I did enjoy them and recommend anyone else curious to give it a go.

My mother-in-law is still in the hospital, having had her knee replaced. She is having a bad time of it all, and has not really gotten a whole lot better. The knee is healed, but she is quite frail. She lost her husband a couple of years ago, and I don't think she has ever gotten over it. Her health overall has slipped little by little since, and this knee surgery was probably too much for her. It appears that she won't ever have the strength and capabilities to go back home, so the family has made a decision on her behalf -- a nursing home. She isn't fighting it, she knows that she just cannot look after herself at this point. Sad situation, really. I sense a woman that has kind of given up, but she is pleasant to be around -- doesn't do the 'poor me' stuff that often happens to make the move to the nursing home difficult and wrenching. What a mess, though. We are told that there is a twenty-four month wait for most of the places that we've made inquiries to, so I don't really know what is going to happen within that timeframe.... But anyhow, that is what is going on there.

I just wanted to end with a few photos I took of my number one 'model', you might call me the Pepperazzi. Tee hee, she's a good sport:

Pepper of Sunnybrook Farm?

Frilly Days for Good Natured Dawgs

Pepper Eating Her (My?) Apple

The Only "Hot Dog" In My World

Well, over and out. Take care everyone.

~K♥zzo
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Glad to hear that you are devoting some time to your piano playing.

I'm sorry to hear about your M-I-L. 2 years is a long wait. I'm sure everything will work out in the long run.

Pepper is definitely a cutie!!!. My dog would never let me dress her up!!
    That's sad about your mother-in-law. How old is she Kiz, if you don't mind me asking?

Great on the piano playing. I would love to hear you give a concert.

Hilarious on Pepper dressing up. He does look humiliated though.
    Updated 05-20-2009 at 11:17 PM by Virgil
    It's so nice to read your blog. It's been too long. It was over 80f here today and one of my old neighbor ladies had her little dog out in a sweater. I felt so sorry for the thing. I'm sure the lady has poor circulation and spends the summer in a blanket, but the dog already has a fur coat. I don't know how it lives. I'm sorry about your MIL, that is a hard decision to come to.
    I loved reading the above post, it was like going away somewhere far for a long time and then coming home to your mom's cooking, something melancholy but cheerful about it,

I wish I had some kind of musical talent, I did learn to play the violin but I've forgotten it all, and I can fool around quite well with the guitar - but I suspect I have also forgotton this.

Never heard of The Dark Tower series but King isn't my kind of writer either, I'm going to google it and see what comes up. I just hope it's not another Lord of the rings or anything like Twilight which my little sister (13, yes 13! Absolutely the worst age to be!) bores me to death about.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law, I can't imagine how...'alone' she must feel. To be perfectly frank I would hate to end up in a nursing home.
    Ha! Had a look and I'm sorry but I don't think so, it'll be a cold day in hell before I read this!
    http://www.stephenking.com/DarkTower/the_books.html

But I wish you luck on this journey. And sanity!

I was so disappointed in the last few Dark Tower books... they didn't live up to my expectations at all.

at Pepper... I've got my dog a sweater, but it's too warm for him to wear right now.
    very cute puppy my animals would never tolerate such a thing.