View RSS Feed

applepie

For Mothers

Rate this Entry
Happy Mothers day to all of the moms here on LitNet. It's a little early, but as I'll be getting the Mommy treatment tomorrow, I figured today was as good as any to say it:D

So here's my list of the top ten things that let you know you're a mom.

1. You don't remember what it is like to sleep through an entire night. Sure the kids are older, but you sill wake up at 2:30 out of habit.

2. You know all the bodily fluids that children can produce, and you have likely worn all of them more than you would ever like.

3. You can't hear someone talking to you from the next room, but you can hear a call for Mommy from more than 100 yards.

4. You have learned that if there is silence in your house you better be looking for what mischief your children are into.

5. You are multilingual including such languages as gibberish, pig latin, and toddler speak.

6. You know that your children will never WANT to eat the vegetables on their plate, but you add them anyway so that you can say they are given a balance diet. Then you sneak them in somewhere else when you don't think they will know they're eating them.

7. You know that nothing smells sweeter than your own children right after a bath, and nothing looks better than your little ones asleep in their bed.

8. You know that kids attract dirt like a magnet attracts iron powder. That tan just may be washing away in the bath.

9. You know that your two year old cannot really cry themselves sick, but you still wonder why not when they are in the middle of a temper tantrum that has lasted 20 minutes.

10. You may not know that you are the most important person in the world to your children, and you often feel like they treat you as a servant/slave, or at times they hate you, but when they are older you will recieve thanks for being such a great Mom. Maybe if you're lucky they'll tell you tomorrow too:)
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Very nice, Meg. I hope you have a nice day tomorrow.
    3. You can't hear someone talking to you from the next room, but you can hear a call for Mommy from more than 100 yards.
    That to me is the heart of motherhood.

For those that may not know, the second Sunday in May is Mother's Day in the US, and that is tomorrow,

Happy Mother's Day to all the great mothers here.
    Thanks Virgil and Motherhubbard. Mom H - I hope that you have been enjoying a wonderful day with you family. Virgil- Hope you gave your mom a huge hug and treated her to a nice dinner or perhaps some pretty flowers to plant in her garden.
    Oh I'm giving her roses and a framed picture of the two of us.
    From the things you've said about her, I'm sure she'll love it. Enjoy your time with your Mom!