View RSS Feed

Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy

The New Bike!!

Rate this Entry
So I bought my bike yesterday and here it is!

Isnt it nice! I cycled over to my friends house on it yesterday and over to the publishers today. (mind you i got drowned on the way home ) Its so good to be back on a bike. I've had the good old jelly legs, but its all work it! i can see hte adventures already!
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Did you feel like snacking any less today? The bike looks great!
    nice looking bike. Enjoy many many rides on it!!!
    That is a pretty bike Niamh. Have fun. You will be wearing a helmet I hope?
    Updated 04-23-2009 at 07:01 PM by Virgil
    It's beautiful!
    Many good rides ahead, I hope- name her (I think) well. =)!
    Yup i'll be wearing a helmet. (its beside the bike) Just need to buy a chain and lights. I've dug out one of my old Hi Vis vests from Archaeology for cycling in the dark. It just needs a good clean.
    And i dont think i'll be naming it. Not good with naming things.
    My sister on the other hand would name it. Her car is called the BelleMobile.
    I saved €46 in total on it. The bike was reduced from €250 to €239, I got €10 off the helmet and the guy in the store gave me the mud guards for free! they cost €25. I was trying to choose between this one and another one that was a pretty purple colour but this one won (not just for its pattern!) because it is Aluminium, lighter and wont rust. And it is much lighter as i've already carried it up a stair to my friends.
    Updated 04-24-2009 at 07:14 AM by Niamh
    Although i might call it Merlin because its a falcon!
    That's a very HANDSOME bike! Merlin would be an excellent name!!!! Ooo, and I love the swirly designs.

Have fun, Niamh!!! Many good bike rides await you, I can tell!
    Merlin is a perfect name!! See the bad economy is actually good if one doesn't lose their job.
    That really is a nice-looking bike! I haven't been on a bike since I was 12! I don't know if I would have the guts to attempt it. Also, quite honestly, too many crazy drivers where I am. I wouldn't take the chance. Besides, I can't even begin to imagine how tired my thighs would be. I would probably give up after one day. So it is best that I don't ride one anymore.
    yeah the thighs hurt the first couple of days along with the bottom but you have to be persistant to succeed. I wont get to cycle till monday now depending on the weather.
    pretty bike! Next you'll have to learn how to dismantle it and pack it into cardboard boxes so you can cycle all around the countries you visit.