View RSS Feed

Poems, general writings, ravings, and other things.

Cool stuff

Rate this Entry
So life up here is pretty good still. Its been snowy for a bit but its all melted off which means mud, mud, mud! Which can be fun on spare time but its a bother when your working. Trailers slide all over the place and its dirty as hell. Been doing irrigation and stuff like that, which has reminded me how much I HATE beavers. We have had an infestation this spring. They are all over the place. Building dams in spillways and culverts and such. And guess who gets to tear all the dams out? MEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Yippie!!!!!! We try to keep the population in check but there is only so much you can do. I tote around a rifle or shotgun whenever I can. I put a few pellets into one today and one yesterday but trapshot just doesnt do the trick. My hate for beavers is so strong I could shoot the cutest little baby beaver in the mouth and feel nothing. Uhhhh...
Anyway, cool story. I was out cleaning the irrigation screens down by the river. On an atv as usual. Well it was a bit snowy out, and I saw some bear tracks. I was like "cool, bear tracks." So I kept chuggin along by the tracks and sure enough, bear shyt. And I was like "cool, bear ****." So I kept going, and sure enough, theres a deer carcas in the middle of the trail. Freshly dead. I could actually see where it made the kill, where it dragged the carcas to, where it ate it. Then it walked 50 yards or so and swqatted down for a ****. Good stuff.

Oh, and I got a roommate. Hes a cool guy, he rides an old 70's honda crusier and he lets me ride it.

Well anyways, thats my life.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thats really cool, I'd loved to have seen that.
    Your life is awesome =)
    Pretty cool, ecept for the snow. I'm done with winter. Man you should take some pictures some day. I may have asked you once, are you in the Ft Collins area? What part of Colorado?
    Yes it is quite awesome indeed.
    I am up in the mountains. Outside of kremmling colorado if youve ever heard of it.
    Yeah Kev! You should take some pictures and show them to me!
    P.S- Virgil, I hope that didn't come off as poking fun at your interest! I've seen lots and lots of pictures of Kevin's ranch and was more attempting to be a sarcastic SOB. If it did come off offensive, I sincerely apologize.
    Updated 04-21-2009 at 10:45 PM by skib
    No not at all Skib.

No Keving I've never heard of Kremmling. I'll have to look it up. What's the altitude there?