View RSS Feed

title

A New Life

Rate this Entry
I've been so busy this past year that I've felt like I haven't had a life. I changed stores last spring and have been so busy there, and my mother-in-law has needed so much of our attention that we really haven't had time of ourselves. Motherhubbard helped us out so much the past few months by taking care of her three days a week. I don't know what we would have done if she hadn't been able to help us after the last caregiver had to quit. My house seems to have fallen apart, too. I haven't had time or the "want to" to get anything done. But times, they are achanging!
My m-i-l is no longer living with us. After several weeks of decent, she went into the hospital. It was decided that she would not come back to my house from there but will have a bed in a skilled facility. She's still in the hospital but will be moved as soon as a bed comes open. I think it's been a hard decision for Poppy, but it was one he had to make. After 8 1/2 years, she was too much for us to care for. So, I feel like I'm starting a new life.
Poppy and I actually have had dinner at the same table and watched a television show together. We sat together and had coffee. He will be able to go fishing without worrrying about me or her whenever he wants. He has started working all 5 days again. I think he is as relieved as the rest of us are. Motherhubbard has been able to get her college assignments caught up and is planning her garden. Our grandson comes home and gets right on his homework. One more great thing is we got a kitten! He is about 9 weeks old and is named Radar. We all love cats but haven't been allowed to have one for 8 1/2 years so it's so wonderful to watch him scamper around and attack our feet. Well, I'm out of pratice and have rambled on and if anyone is reading this, I'll get back in the swing of thing and my blog will improve. For now, I feel like life is wonderful again. bye.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Its good to see you online again G5!!! I know the feeling of putting the M-i-L in a care home is going to feel bad, but at least she will be in good hands. With all the free time you wont know yourself!
    you will of course have to post pics of the little kitty for us all!
    best of luck with everything and dont forget to come online again soon!
    Niamhxxx
    My M-I-L is in hospital now, too; and decisions must be made as to where she will be placed after the fact. It is difficult, so I hear what you were saying.
    I was glad to read your words and hear that things are working out for you. It sure is nice to read your blog again, good to have you back!
    Glad to see you blogging, Mom.
    Welcome back Granny.
    Nice to see you posting again. I am sorry to hear about your mother-in-law but also glad that you can put your life together now.

Good luck and best wishes.
    Glad to see you around!
    I am glad things are working out and I do believe you have made the best of decisions with very good intentions. Yay kittens!!! And your MIL should receive the care she needs and it will all be good.
    Oh those geriatric issues are so hard. It tears at me just thinking about them. Well, a skilled facility is best for all. Nice to see you back Granny.
    Updated 04-04-2009 at 12:12 AM by Virgil
    As difficult as it must have been to make the decision, the freedom and lack of, well, obligation I guess, must be amazing to feel now.

Kitty! Cute