View RSS Feed

Joreads

A sad sad day

Rate this Entry
It has just been announced on the news that 38 people have lost their lives in the bush fires that are ablaze in NSW and Victoria at the moment, and 100 famlies are now without homes. It is so bad that the Prime Minster has just mobilized the army to help fight the fires and give fire fighters a much need rest.

My family and I are safe and far away from the fires but that was not the case three years ago and watching the fires in the TV today I could taste the fear again. So I know what people close to the blaze are going through.

The heat wave is suppose to break this afternoon and with that will come cooler temps and much needed rain. So fingers crossed for a down pour tonight because that is the only thing that is going to stop these out of control blazes.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm afraid that the death toll has more than doubled that Jo as I saw the news moments ago. It is sad. I wish you the best.
    Thanks Virgil it has risen to over 108 today with people still missing. Lets hope the temps stay low and the rain comes.
    That is very sad indeed.

I sure hope that the badly needed rain comes soon.
    Jo, thank goodness you and your family are safe! This is horrible. Come on Rain!!