View RSS Feed

title

omg homebodies!

Rate this Entry
Oh snizzaps!

Guess what?!
I haven't been on in forever!! With xmas and finals and everything, life has been freaking tiresome!! I just finished up with finals today and am finally able to chill for the first time in about a month! Hells yes! I've had quite a few changes. I'm going to graduate early, I quit debate, I am no longer talking to my best friend...the list goes on. Its been odd.

I'm going to start getting on more, but we shall see. In other news, I have a new book, which seems interesting, I'm reading......ah, man, I can not remember the name...AH it is The Meaning of Night: A Confession by Michael Cox. Its actually pretty good, kind of strange, but good. Its what I would call "mind candy".

Oh, also, I'm supposed to be reading The Awakening by Kate Chopin, any themes I should be on the look out for? Any stylistic devices that she uses a lot? Anything would be nice! I'd love and appreciate it from everyone...Perhaps a summary would be nice

Well, peace love and candy apple hearts,
I'm off to find my PSH lover
-Kimmers!
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well, that's great Equality. Are you graduating high school? Your profile says you're 16. You must be a great student if you are. Do you have plans for college?

It's been a long while since I read The Awakening, but besides the feminist themes I would also look for the good ol' American notion of freedom.
    Yeah, I'm going to graduate early, but at 17. Unfortunately, I have half a semester of Art holding me back, and by holding me back, I mean, I have to take it by order of the school, and I can't graduate if I don't have that credit. And you don't have to be a great student, you just have to get credits and pass class lol. As for college, I was going to go to Arcadia University in Penn. but its wayyy too much. So, My parents are paying for trip to Europe and a college in Texas, if I don't go there. So, I will attend either Texas State University, after I get my associates at San Jacinto Community College (which I should have by the time I am supposed to graduate high school), or I'll go to the University of Texas at Austin.

And, I know all to well about the feminist themes. I had to do a project over feminism, and that came up in my studies, I just never bothered to look it up.

But the freedom theme, I'll look into when i actually start buying the book. I have to get to Barnes and Noble sometime soon....I hate driving....gah. But thanks for the tip, Virgil.
    Hey those Texas colleges are fine too. Don't think that all the good schools are east.
    Oh, I know, but Arcadia has a huge study abroad program, and a good history program which is what I'm going to major in so it seemed beneficial to go there, but I'm just gonna rock my heart out in Texas!! lol