View RSS Feed

Whatever

my best friend back

Rate this Entry
Many things happen so gradually that you don't notice them happening until it's over. You know, like kids growing up and stuff, you don't notice it until bam! the kid is taller than you are.
Well, it was like that with my relationship with my brother, Dan. We were "best friends". We'd tell each other everything, do almost everything together. It was great. Sometimes, we'd stay up til, 2 or 3 in the morning, just talking. Whenever I had to do something I didn't want to, I could usually get him to come along and we could make anything fun.
Then, somehow, it changed. And we weren't as close anymore. We weren't really friends anymore. We were always mad at each other, and we didn't talk much. I don't when, why, or how it started. One day, last year I think, I just realized, hey, it's not like it was. I didn't know how long it had been like that. I mentioned it to him and he said "yeah". So things went on.
Then, this week, Dan and I were outside on the deck, eating ice cream and talking, like we always do. We talked about everything and nothing, whatever. It was fun. I love hanging with Dan. Then I realized, hey, we're cool again! Nice! How long have we been like this? I don't know.
This probably sounds really juvenile. Maybe it is. Oh well, so I'm juvenile. I'm just glad we're close again. It's great having an amazing friend living in the same house as you.
Categories

Comments

Not 'juvenile' at all! I think most relationship dynamics go through changes, but still, I'm glad your buddy is 'back'
    sometimes your relationship and friendship with your siblings can be the most important of all. Glad to hear your back to normal!