View RSS Feed

title

I Think It's Time

Rate this Entry
As most of you know I left my job in April of last year due to a high level of stress and just plain old unhappiness. I still do not regret what I did. During this past year and a half, my husband and I started our adoption process, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes (which I now have under control), have become a better cook since I now have the time and enjoy it much better now. I walk 3 days a week and I think I am in better shape then I was when I was working. (my husband may state otherwise).
So, why am I writing this blog entry ? I hate to admit it but I am getting SOOOOOO BORED being home. I try to keep myself busy everyday but it's just not working. I've filled out applications for part time work at some of the department/ speciality stores but I think I am over qualified since I never hear back from them. So that leaves me no option but to try to find a job in the city which I really didn't want to do but have no choice. So today I started working on my resume. I am sure I will have to take a big paycut since I DO NOT WANT A JOB MANAGING OTHERS EVER AGAIN. Too much stress that goes with it.
So once I am happy with my resume, I will start sending in to companies that are looking to hire.
Wish me luck cause I am going to need it!!! I haven't been on a job interview in ages.

Submit "I Think It's Time" to Digg Submit "I Think It's Time" to del.icio.us Submit "I Think It's Time" to StumbleUpon Submit "I Think It's Time" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck in your job search. But watch, as soon as you find a job and get settled in, the adoption process will start full speed ahead, and then you'll just want to be back home again to take care of the young'un (that's a bit of East Tennessee for ya ). The department store thing will probably be poopy...I am sort of in the same boat. I work part-time, and go to class, except this semester I had to drop one of the classes so I just have one, and it's been pretty easy, so I considered getting a seasonal part time department store job, and I went to the store to apply, but did a little "shopping" to scope it out, and I was approached by so many sales girls and I got sort of nauseated when I thought of myself approaching shoppers and talking up the products and then asking them to apply for the credit card (here, they all ask you to apply for a credit card. it's a required part of the job and I hate doing that b/c a lot of customers chew you out for asking and then if you don't you get "written up" as if it matters for some job that doesn't sustain you anyway, but whatever...)
    Anyway, I rambled on. Again, good luck. Maybe the adoption thing will come through faster and you can focus on doing home stuff, like preparing the nursery and taking the child to playdates and reading parenting books and going to buy the child toys. I hope I get to do all that stuff someday. Christmas is coming up and all I want to do is go to Wal-Mart and buy toys for a child I don't even yet. It's sad. But maybe someday, right?
    Good luck. I know that being home can feel like living in a cave. It's easy to forget what day it is or how to talk to grownups...maybe that's just me. I hope you find just what you are looking for, and I hope they give you paid maternity leave when you go get that little one!
    Was mostly glad you health is comng along well. As to a job that of course does keep a prson from going stir crazy at home. Hope it all works out for you.
    Well I wish you luck. I hope you're doing the right thing but you know best what's going to work for you. I got bored being at home after 9 months maternity leave so you've stuck it out a lot longer than I could have! I hear what you're saying about managing people; I have a team of 24 and some days it's like having 24 kids chewing your ear but you can't send them to the naughty step! But it is also good practice - if you can manage adults you can definitely manage kids. Anyway, I hope it goes well for you.