View RSS Feed

Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix

Don't Go...

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
I sit at this keyboard, calm and collect, with coffee at my fingertips and the Pride & Prejudice Soundtrack softly playing in the background…. time to reflect...

I need to get mellow here because the reality is that someone very close to me is breathing their last, and just being in their presence is fairly inspiring. For all their suffering, they ask me how me and mine are, truly caring about the mundane, and all that I take for granted.

This person is only five years older than me, and it is just not fair, why him? He was just getting started you know. At first it is denial. Naw, this isn't real. He will get better, you'll all see. But he didn't. He slowly and surely faded away, and all that is left now is a tiny emaciated man, who needs a walker to just have the dignity to take himself to the washroom, such a simple thing really. For the rest of us.

Your eyes tell the story. They say without speaking to not worry, to carry on and all the other things that will be judged as cliché if I go on.

I love you so much, please don't go. Not yet.

But it is useless, he needs to go, wishing anything otherwise is selfish, and that is the reality.

Now the world can read about you and know that one little life really did matter, you are brave, you were strong, and you were always there. Though your tomorrows are limited, your yesterdays fill me with smiles and the gratitude of having ever known you. Go in peace, you'll never be forgotten.

Ever your Karalynne
Categories

Comments

I am sorry for your loss, Kiz. So sad.
    The body is gone but the spirit will live with you always. Cherish the memories and rejoice in the gift of his time with you.
    Very sad, kiz. Take care of yourself.
    Thank you, friends, for your nice comments. I am glad that I have this blog to just release thoughts, both good and bad, and your support is so appreciated. Love Kizzo
    I am sad for your loss, but deeply inspired by your words. Thank you for posting something so personal for us to read and gain from it.
    Peacefully and in the comfort of his own home, our J. passed away last night. We will miss your spunk, your spirit of adventure, and most of all, your love for life. I know that this is NOT the end, till we meet again, dear J. -- Kizzo
    Kiz, u cannot turn the tide of time.. somethings are just not in our hands.. best is to just move on n cherish the memories of time u spent together.. keep him alive in ur dreams.. never let him go .. ur words ..." Don't go..." can just be heard by him.. but u'll have to try.. by not letting him go .. evr ever from ur mind.. good luck..
    My condolences to you kiz and all who suffer the loss of J's passing. This blog entry is a lovely homage to them
    Thank you so very much, Logos, and Shipra, for taking the time to reply to "don't go". It means a lot.
    Kiz you entry touched me. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You are very brave to write this. My thoughts are with you.