View RSS Feed

title

note to self:

Rate this Entry
Note(s) to self:

Keep your thoughts to yourself.
Don't be a trouble maker.
Don't assume your opinion matters.

And for goodness sake, keep your thoughts to yourself.

*edit*
What is the purpose of life? (sorry, I must warn any potential readers to run away, this is one of "those" blog entries...)

I am afraid that I am one of those with no defined faith, no purpose and find little to keep me here in the world. I guess it would be comforting to think that somehow my life, like any other human life, has some sort of meaning, but I really don't think it does. I am not saying I am a Nihilist...(at least in the way Wikipedia defines Nihilism...too stupid to read philosophy) I do think life has a value, and that there is a purpose, a meaning to be found. I am simply saying I haven't found mine.

I guess it has been another of those days, in a monotonous litany of "those days". One of the days that makes me think "Why even bother, what's the point".
Categories

Comments

I can relate!
    This why you enjoy the sun on your skin and the grass beneath your bare feet. We are here for just a short time, so enjoy it! Stop worrying about the meaning and simply enjoy.
    We all have purpose, Kathy. The love you spread, the charm you spread, the consideration you have for your fellow man, the essence of your personality all are a spark from God. I know this may sound a little trivial, but the move It's A Wonderful Life really dramtizes how interconnected we are and that everyone has purpose, even if it is not apparent.
    Kathy you better hang in there---the long suffering spouse just went to bed and my opportunity went with her just so I could type this and hopefully make you smile. (Where's that icon--SMILE place here). I sometimes linger in Bah Humbug land days at a time. Besides I like your thoughts--you give me perspective as well as several other posters here on the forum. You are always welcome to me--quit worrying about the 'others'. The Mrs, falls into that trap and she be gloomy gus to beat the band sometimes. Suggest extra play time with your cat. Mine is cuurently terrorizing our large dog Onynx and chaseing him onto the couch. Must go rescue.
    Thank you, all. I remember when I was a child, I thought being a grown up would solve so many of my problems. It seems adulthood has solved the problem of being a child, but has brought it's own struggles. But I look outside today and the sun is shining and it is finally warm...a chance to enjoy the "now"

ps mtpspur, give your wife a big ol' hug.
    Chin up, it could be worse - you have your health, no serious poverty and you're life isn't in constant danger. I usually rationalise with myself like this when I'm having an a 'breakdown' - and I have faith but believe me most of the time that makes it worse, in the words Ingmar Bergman, one of the greatest directors ever ( I would strongly recommend his movies, in fact I simply must do a blog post on him) - in his words (more or less) God's silence is often worse than his absence. Great...I came here with full intentions to make you feel better....