View RSS Feed

High School

Freinds and drugs, they just don't mix.

Rate this Entry
Well, you all may not know me, and I don't have a pedastol on this forum, but I soon hope to be. the real reason i'm here in this blog is, well, I'm nervous, tired, upset, and aggravatingly paranoid. It all started last year, in Middle School.

So, just one random day, I'm walking to math, and my friend Michael comes up and asks if I've met the new kid, Ben.
"Nah, I've been in the library skipping all my classes working on the history project, why?" so now, as every one and anyone is, I'm interested in hearing this. So Michael says
"Dude, he gets free weed. From his dad!" he said, as if it were the best thing he'd ever heard. I stared at him dumbly until he mentioned smoking the weed.
"oh" I replied meekly, a little shaken and nervous.

Just a little background info before I continue. I've been hanging with Michael and a lot of his friends for the past 2 years, as I didn't really fit in with the popular kids, the skater's, the band guys, anything. I sort of just melted in with all of them. Michael and co. happened to fall into the skater, rocker catagory, so naturally they were excited about finally getting drugs into the school, and having access to them.

"So," Michael said casually " you gonna come with us to his house after school?" It's right across from my block"(we all lived decently close to each other) "Uh, sure." I stuttered. Yes, i stuttered, something I don't normally do. I'm usually a confident person, and the world before then had always seemed pg. Suddenly it switched as if everything they show in R movies is real, and I quickly found out it was.

After school, I met with Michael and Ben at Michael's bus stop. Ben had the look of a pot-head. Sunken eyes, long greasy hair, etc. So, Michael, Ben, Matt(Michael's right hand guy) and I walked to Ben's house, and I was nervous the whole way. We eventually got there, and when we walked into his house, I was about to lose it. You could already smell the weed. It was the most disgusting smell ever. It was like burnt rat droppings, anything you can incorporate into the feces catagory.

We walked up the stairs and into Ben's room, where his dad was sitting smoking a bong. he glanced up, offered it to Ben, who took it and dragged a long puff. I stood horrified, realizing that if I left now, they would no doubt come after me, as they wouldn't wan the cops to know. ben passed the bong to michael. Puff. Passed to Matt. Puff... passed to me. I stood there, my brain going into a nervous downspinning spiral. I just couldn't take it. I puffed. I caughed, i gagged, and burned my throat. I had never even smoked a ciggerete, less a bong.

they laughed. I wet my pants. I was that blasted scared. I wanted to leave, I wanted to get out of their. But fear had me planted. they took more puffs, and continuously re-lit the bong over and over, and passed it in a clockwise manner, always the people puffing. I eventually passed out, and woke over by a lake with Michael and Matt. Ben and his dad weren't around.

The next day, my brain was fizzed, I was off the hook, and things were still weird. it's as if the world was jacked up, and I was lost. Eventually, they dragged me into their blasted weed circle. Ben eventually moved when the cops caught his dad trying to buy from an undercover cop.

The next few days, I was hysterical. I couldn't get weed, and my mind was going crazy. I had stomach pains, migranes, etc. I didn't know what to do. Then I met my future girlfriend Jess. Jess was a pothead I happened to meet at the mall. Strange enough, she was 17 when I was only 14. She was into everything, and I was still the scared little boy I was the first day. Dhe eventually started me up again, promising the pain to ease, which it did after the first few days. We fell in love, but now I feel like a blasted fool for ever falling in love with her. Weeks, Months past. My mom knew nothing of it, neither did any of my other freinds.

Oh, I failed to mention I moved to another part of my city, and that's where I met Jess.

So then, she started pressuring me towards sex. There was no way I would do that. I broke off the relationship multiple times, but kept going back for the drug.

I don't know what I should do. I feel as if I'm killing myself, making myself depressed, and I can't post this anywhere else and feel comfortable with myself at all. I must be a blasted fool.
Categories
Miscellaneous

Comments

From what it sounds like you want to stop taking the drugs but can't. That's a major step in the right direction right there. You need to follow this up by seeking help. Is there someone you can talk to about this?
    You are only 15 years old and have your whole life ahead of you, don't waste it away on drugs.
    Wow this is almost exactly like me and my ex. Only I've never done drugs. But he did and... and... well... just read my second last blog entry and you'll see what I mean. You are not a fool. At all. Peer pressure is hard. I think the first thing you need to do is find a way to stop seeing your ex/not ex... I have a feeling that'd be a help. Don't try to stop all at once, just try to wean yourself off it. I have a feeling you can and will. I very barely know you, but I already want to help. I have this very protective nature, especially with those in situations like this. So, yeah I barely know you, but I'll be here to support you and help you. Not entirely sure how I'm meant to do that... but... just so you know . *hugs*
    You need to tell your parents and your guidence counselor at school.
    Updated 10-22-2008 at 08:12 PM by Virgil
    It will only get harder if you delay getting help. I'm with (as usual) with Virgil on this one. You have to start somewhere if you want any kind of a life in the future. The fact you can share this is a start and a good sign.
    I guess so, but I don't feel comfortable discussing this with a counselor. My friend Austin(we call him Hobbles) tried to quit cold turkey, couldn't, and eventually did go to the counselor. Right now, he's at lakeside mental and drug rehabilitation. I don't care to head in that direction.
    Being in rehab doesn't necessarily mean a facility. I have nephew with alcohol problems who did spend two weeks in a hosital but now is attending classes/meetings. Discussing your problem with a counselor ISN'T MEANT to be comfortable--it's meant to help you in healing. There is some truth to the old adage--no pain, no gain. Some can do cold turkey--most need the weaning but I assure you with concern and respect that you need some sort of help--th sooner the better until you take the fatal step of becoming 'settled' in your situation. With respect and no attempt to cast a stone--Rich