View RSS Feed

Halls of the Dark Muse

Transcendence

Rate this Entry
This is a mandala that I did

Categories
My Art

Comments

That's BEAUTIFUL! Goodness, if we still had that favoriting feature I'd use it for this one.
    Thank you
    I love Mandalas. Yours is quite pretty!
    Thank you
    That is pretty Muse. But I've never understood what a mandala is. Could you explain it to me?
    I can try, a mandala comes from the Indian tradidtion, and the word loosely translates to circle, it is meant to be a spiritual device which helps one focus in thier meditation.

It represents wholeness, and can be seen as a model for the organizational structure of life itself--a cosmic diagram that reminds us of our relation to the infinite, the world that extends both beyond and within our bodies and minds.
    Thank you D-M. I did not realize they had a spiritual element to it. I thought it was some sort of pattern.
    I'm not sure what's up on my end but I have been totally unable to see any of the photos you have been posting.
    That is strange and I am not sure what to about it sense it has been working for me and everyone else.
    Must be on mtspur's end. I've had no trouble. It must be one of your settings Rich.
    Mandala healing is not one of the most well known forms of alternative healing. However, the integration of a mandala image into a meditation session can certainly boost the effectiveness of the process. That is why the concept of mandala healing deserves a closer look.
    visit https://newagetools.wordpress.com/