View RSS Feed

LC_Lancer

Hey, wait a minute, I wrote a Blog

Rate this Entry
This is my one month anniversary with Literature Network Forums. I would like to begin this (my first blog ever) by saying it has been a real joy in my life to find a place that speaks about Literature with passion, conviction, and enthusiasm.

I have been on a few forums that called people names, threw insults, and spread lies if you did not agree with them. I have had some ‘heated’ discussions with some very intelligent members, but not once did they resort to name calling; although I have been accused of things that were not true, it did last very long.

I have no problem discussing things that are not in normal conversation. I am looking forward to posting further on Literature Network Forum, but I will discuss a wide range of subjects thru PM or emails.

Ok now that is out of the way. I live in Virginia and have two children. I am married, but struggling with it. My children are young (9 and 10) and one is special needs.

I am a teacher. I teach teenagers and adults. I teach in a classroom, but I have a few students at home either taking care of babies, sick relatives, or transportation problems. Then we must find alternate means of learning. A few of my students are very low readers, but others could hold their own on this discussion board. In the next few days/weeks, I will be using this blog to introduce my likes and dislikes in life, poems I like and my own, pet peeves, and anything that catches my attention.

I want to thank everyone who visited my public page. I had more people visit that page than visited my Classmates page in the first six months I was a member.
I invite all to read and comment at the bottom of the page.
Since I have a tendency to run on at the keyboard, I will stop here for now.

Updated 09-30-2008 at 01:53 PM by LC_Lancer (Hard to read thus I changed the color only!)

Categories
Introductions

Comments

Welcome to lit net Lancer. Nice to have you with us. I can't say we are argument free here. Every so often we get fired up over something (usually not literature related) and I may be the worst culprit. But for the most part this is a nice forum. The mods keep us in line. I've got the scars to prove it.
    Hey, I am close second behind Virgil in the arguing department, I have argued with just about everyone I have talked to here. But than you already know about that

Really like your profile picture by the way.
    Well I like the exposed behind.
    welcome to the blog as well as to the forum.
    You are too much shame on you
    I'm sure that was for Virgil
    I'm sure it was.
    LOL yes it was
    Posted 9/29/08 by Dark Muse .
    Really like your profile picture by the way.
    Thank you, Dark Muse. I really like your public page. Your background picture reminds me of Baltimore.
    Posted 9/28/08 by motherhubbard
    welcome to the blog as well as to the forum.
    Thank you, motherhubbard. I will try to keep it going if people are interested in my opinion. If not, I still might continue to add to it.

AND

Posted 9/28/08 by motherhubbard
    I'm sure that was for Virgil
    Thank you for defending me when I was away. I love the entire picture, but the important part was the foreground. I took out the background because it was 'behind' the gentleman.