View RSS Feed

Imported Poems

Vacuous Celluloid Post

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Just a short (okay - when have I been known to be laconic? ) literary note before I proceed to the superficial and shallow note: I made it through 3 pages of a William Faulkner novel, and then realized I could remember nothing I'd read (because my mind, having grown bored, had wondered off in search of something imaginative), so I gave up on trying to make myself learn to like what is popular, and took up the collection of Edgar Allen Poe stories someone had given me, and immediately fell in love - again.

I really cannot like what I do not like, which is what is popular, even though I do not dislike it because it's popular, but because it bores me.

Another day when I've more time before work I'll relate to you the bit I read in Poe's obscure work "Never Bet the Devil Your Head", and relate it directly to Wilde's aesthetic philosophy in "The Decay of Lying", and then you'll know - as I do - that the second writer read the first, and borrowed from him.

I'm thinking - however strange it might seem - that Wilde is Poe's funnyman.
(Someone on another site called me the lovechild of Wilde and Poe btw - lol)

Okay, now for pictures!

THIS IS ME DRESSED UP LIKE A GIRL:

WITH A GIRL WIG ON:

WHICH IS WHAT I WOULD WEAR IF I WERE WEARING THIS DRESS:

TO MARRY THIS MAN:

WHO, BTW, WAS THE INSPIRATION FOR THIS PICTURE:

BUT WE ALL KNOW I'D MUCH RATHER MARRY THIS MAN:

IN THIS DRESS:

ALL OF YOU ARE DEFINITELY INVITED TO THAT WEDDING!

OF COURSE IF THIS MAN SHOWED UP:

I MIGHT BE FORCED TO PUT ON MY IDENTICAL COAT:

AND SAIL OFF TOWARDS CHINA with HIM, WHERE MAYBE WE WOULD SEE ONE OF THESE:

(If I were an animal I would be a red panda)
Categories

Comments

Such nice photos Countess, especially the first two of yourself. Very attractive. I thought you had short hair, or at least I think there was a picture of you with short hair. But your hair looks great.