View RSS Feed

title

Rain Gauge

Rate this Entry
When I turned on my kitchen radio this morning the announcer was asking people to check their rain gauges and then call in their results. The midwest (U.S.A.) was hit hard with rain last night. There were also tornado warnings and the sirens were blaring all around. I actually got out of bed and put my clothes back on and went out on the front porch to see what I could see, but too many trees whipping around, so nothing. I went upstairs and watched out my west window and looked for tornadoes everytime the lightning flashed, which was pretty constant, and nothing. I eventually grew very tired and fell asleep and woke up to find I am still in Indiana.

Well, I don't have a rain gauge but I do have a bucket of tadpoles out back that a friend brought to me from West Virginia. It is now full and the little guys are having a ball swimming around in that fresh rainwater. I'm thinking at least five inches. Do you think my 'rain gauge' would count?
Categories

Comments

I think it would totally count! But you might want to bring them inside before it rains so much that it overflows...
    I was hoping for rain but we only got some wind-when I get some time I'll blog about my great windy night. Too bad it didn't blow you down to Arkansas- I could use a little heip in the garden!
    Well MH, I'm not sure if I can do any of that "heipin'"! haha My mama never taught me about such things. Just teasing.
    Wow, that sounds like scary weather! Hope you get some dry pleasant days soon!
    Glad to hear you're doing alright through all that. Your tadpoles sound cute, but I agree with Anza--I'd bring them inside, or somewhere safe.