View RSS Feed

Sci Fi Story

The Three Amigos

Rate this Entry
I guess I dedicate this to Pendragon and Mtpsur, just because they are two cool cats!

I grew up with two very good buddies. They are both like me...Super Genius. LOL. You know like Wiley Coyote? Anyways, they are two of the coolest and toughest men I've ever met, and it has always been a pleasure to see them. They both have superhero nicknames... H-Bomb and Tuna Can Tim. Anyways, we were on several teams together. When I went in the military, they were there the day that I came home. They've always been there too.

My brother Tom loves to tell the story of when he saw H~Man in college. Tom was crossing a bridge, and there was a fight going on. One man was beating the daylights out of several men. Then right in the middle of this fight my amigo stops turns and looks at Tom. He then grinned devilishly and yelled..."Tommy B! How the H E Double Hockey Sticks are you?!" Yeah, Paul is a superhero!

Tuna Can is tough too! He played hockey for a club team in college. There was a tournament in Arizona, and Tuna Tim's team was invited. Tim made the evening news for the fights he was in. You could probably make a montage of his fights that were video taped.

When I was in New Zealand, I was trying to rescue a man that was drowning. He was lost at sea, and I could hear him at night, hollering for help. I searched up and down the coast for him, as I'm sure many other people were. One day, I saw him at the third of fourth beach I was at. I walked to the far end of the beach to get closer to him... I've already written what happened that day, but on that day I confronted my worst fear, for I almost drowned 3 times. When I was down and no one would help me, H-Bomb and Tuna Can were there for me.

Tim gave me a place to stay, and he lived only a couple blocks away from H-man. I rehabbed my knee at the Veterans Administration Hospital, and 6 months later went back to work. I'm not a superhero, just an ordinary average guy, but I believe in superheroes. My two friends are the coolest, kindest, and toughest you could ask for. Together we are Legend, SHIELD, Invincible, and indestructible.

I know that there are superheroes on Lit~Net too. Tidy Gal, Nightshade, Logos, Pen, Mtp, Countess, Baki, Dramas, Ma Hubbard, Kilt, and many more.

I know Virgil hates it when I forget to have a Literary reference. My greatest fear has always come from the book 'Moby Dick'. There is a man that is lost at sea, and the ship came back and found him. Melville wrote how the man was never the same again. That guy, the one I almost rescued...was saved after 30 days being lost at sea. I heard it on the radio two weeks later as I was on my way to the airport to head back to the US. That man is my superhero also, for surely I could never do what he did.

PS~ My superhero name... is Bent Metal, Iron Man, or just Plain old B.
Categories

Comments

Lovely entry! Your friends sound wonderful and very caring. Friends like that are rather rare, and you are all very lucky to have each other . Adios amigo!! Take care and have a wonderful day!!
    Thanks sprinks. Yeah, I feel pretty lucky to have good friends where ever I go. B
    Nice entry, a nice tribute to your friends. And I liked the big fonts, that made it pleasant to read. So you tried to rescue a man who was drowning? I remember you had also saved the little puppy, so yes I see why you would be a super-hero.
    Thanks for the comment. It was very sweet of you, Sweets. No actually I'm always flattered when you read my blog, because I have a small crush on you my dog loving friend. B
    here's to the superheroes! Cheers to ya, B, and I'm glad you have such great friends!
    I am flattered by your dedication and pleased things are going better for you and your friends were true.
    A small crush? At first I thought we would keep being angry at each other because of the argument we had had about my platypus thread in Virgil's entry ...but later when you commented on my blog I saw we could make peace. So I see all is definitely ok now.
    Wow, your friends sound pretty great B. It think it's so cool that you tried to rescue that man, I know I could never do that myself (*can't swim*) I still think you're a superhero! (go B!) ♥
    nice entry! Sounds like you really had great friends going up b
    B. I hope they are still there for you today!...........NO superhero niamhie?
    What a great entry B-M. I share that same fear of drowning. I'm paranoid about it. We all need friends like that. It's nice to have people one can rely on. And nice way of cming up with a literary connection.
    Thanks for all the kind comments. Virgil and Niamh, you are both superheroes, and you know it. Virgil, you always stick to your guns, and Niamh, you are so cute that when God broke the mold, he had already made two of you. Cheers to all the named and un~named super heroes. B
    sweet!
    I loved this entry, Pete. The super-hero in my life is my dad, who rescued me from drowning when I was knee-high to a grasshopper. [I blogged about that already] But to this day I also fear drowning. Took me a long time to be comfortable around water, but anyhow, I can relate to ya. Cheers, your amiga, K♥zzo (amigo = boy and amiga = girl)
    Kiz, the french word is ami as in mon ami from the Latin amo to love. I think... anyways, I remember you blogging about your Dad, and he sounds awesome. He sounds like the kind of guy I like to sit around the campfire with and tell stories to or just listen to the crackling fire. Cheers B
    Just to say that yes, the French word is ami. You can believe me, I'm French.
    Thanks for the support Sweets. I live in the French speaking part of the US. The university is the abbreviated as U.L.L., or more aptly my amour... Oooh Lah Lah. LOL, B