View RSS Feed

Yet Another Blog

not good enough

Rate this Entry
I hope you're not thinking that this is an emo post (judging by the title) where the blogger [me] rants about not being good enough...

This is where I decided to post my latest work, a short story for the competition of Children Come First, also known as CCF. (thought: I wonder if any other members have joined?) Ordinarily I would post in the forums but I don't feel that this is good enough, so here...

Mechanics: Write a short story consisting of 200 words or less beginning with: Kyle was sitting in his wheelchair.

*deep breath* here goes nothing!

Teddy Bear

Kyle was sitting in his wheelchair, big beady eyes in the wonderland before him, the wonderland in return filling his eyes with the sparkle of excitement.
Amy’s eyes were glassy from the tears she’d been holding in her lashes, crystallizing the ache that lay there.
This was every child’s dream, a dream Amy and Joshua shared. Now, kissed by the bright summer sun, it was here, but Joshua was not, and it was Kyle and her sadness who kept her from bursting at the seams.
Kyle was, as always, seated in Amy’s lap of wheels, almost as if he were sewn there. She clutched Kyle’s paws and turned him to face her. There Joshua was, in the iris of Kyle’s glistening eyes, squinting and smiling in the summer sunshine.
Amy’s tears fell, and Kyle’s eyes reflected her smile. It was a summer of growth in their wonderland.

well, there you go.

Categories

Comments

I like it very much!
    thank you Anza