View RSS Feed

title

Mother's Day Gift

Rate this Entry
I should have posted this sooner but this is so cute. Actually, you could personalize the items to fit your own relationship with your mother, grandmother, or woman who made a difference in your life. These may sound childish but there is nothing childish enough for a mom.

Memory Box

Pick up a cute little square box. They have many that are already beautifully covered or you can paint/decorate your own.
Place the following items inside.
1. A little teddy bear to show how we love 'bear' hugs
2. A stick of gum or pack if you have room to show how wonderful it is to 'stick' together
3. Some nuts to show how silly we like to be (I used two peanuts in their shells and drew little smiley faces on each one)
4. A bandage to show how glad you are she always comes to the rescue
5. A chocolate kiss to show how good it feels to be loved
6. A little handwritten note that says, Thank you, I'll love you forever.

You could probably come up with your own clever ideas.
Categories

Comments

Ampoule, I repeat it: you're a sweetheart. I didn't even know when Mother's Day was in France, I just checked and it's in June. Usually I don't do anything for my mother, other than telling her Happy Mother's Day and giving her a kiss. We're not absolutely into those kinds of holidays in my family, but your idea is very sweet.
    this reminds me of a gift I gave my sister once. I wrote down around a hundred different memories that we had in common and then some encouraging phrases and folded them up and put them in a jar with ribbon. She laughed and cried reading them and still has them several years later. I should do that for my mother. I donít know why I havenít done it before. This year I gave her homemade cinnamon rolls.
    That is a very sweet idea Ampoule...I love it. I liked the part about the nuts. I always thought you were a little nutty. Seeing how we don't have a cowbell smilie, I am going to give you a dancing banana instead. Cheers, B
    Yes, I second the fact that you are indeed a sweetie, Amp! Hope your day was super, Love Kizzo
    Golly willikers, you guys, thanks! Now I'm trying to think of something really cool to give the dads. They always get left out cause Father's Day comes after school is out. One year we painted rocks and glued googly eyes on them for paper weights. Another year, after singing "You Are My Sunshine", the kids presented their dads with large silk sunflowers with googly eyes in the middle. One dad, who was an over-the-road truck driver carried it in his truck and thought of his little girl every time he looked at it. It made him laugh too.