View RSS Feed

Shannanigan's Search for More...

The Great Return!

Rate this Entry
So, yeah, I think I may be back!

I mean, this is the first night in a very, very, very long time in which I find myself WIDE awake while the rest of the world seems to be asleep. For so long I've been so busy, and now, here I am, with a bookcase of unread books behind me, LitNet at my fingertips, and this strange, wiggly feeling which may just be...excitement?

So, a lot has happened since I last posted. To be honest, I've only made one post tonight, in the "What are you thinking?" thread, but I figured I'd start slow

My boyfriend Chris and I have just about finished building our apartment. We are living in it now, and it is gorgeous. For the first time ever, I kind of have my own "place," and, thank the heavens, I have MY OWN OFFICE. That ROCKS. My own desk, file cabinet, and bookcase built into the wall. Ahhhhhh....

I finished school. I graduate May 12 with a BA in English and enough Education courses under my belt to get certified locally. I'll be applying to work in a public school here, and I've already been told that the school I student taught at is requesting me

Over the summer I'll be in West Virginia, working at a summer camp as an archery instructor. I'm excited to get off island, pull away from work and school, and sort of investigate another part of myself for a couple of months. I'm also hoping I'll find time to read and write while I'm there, as I've missed out on reading a LOT of books I would like to read and my writing skills have plummeted with lack of practice. Gawd, must I sound so acadamn-demic?

Ermmm. I miss it here, hopefully I'll be in the swing of things again soon
Categories

Comments

wonderful news! lots of wonderful news! I'm very happy for you
    Welcome back, and that's good that everything sounds so great for you right now, I hope it continues that way! I feel a little silly saying "Welcome back!" to people who come back when I'm fairly new to the forums, but oh well.
    congrats! I hope you have a great summer!
    Welcome back. Nice to see things are working out well.
    Welcome back from me too!