View RSS Feed

title

Butterbeer

Rate this Entry
Has anyone ever tried any of the foods from Harry Potter? This sounds soooo good and it's going to be c-c-c-cold tonight, 30 maybe, possible snow.

Here are several recipes for the above mentioned beverage. They all sound yummy.

1 cup cream soda
1/2 cup butterscotch topping
1/2 tablespoon butter

Heat the butter and topping in a microwave safe 2-cup measuring cup, on high for 1-1 1/2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir to completely incorporate the butter, cooling it for about 30 seconds. Slowly mix in the cream soda.
A perfect Hogwarts treat for two.

***or***

1 cup of butterscotch schnapps
7 cups of cream soda
(I think it said this serves nine people...or ME over and over and over )

***or***

1/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup of butterscotch topping
2 tablespoons of whipped butter
1 1/2 cups cream soda

Combine milk, topping and butter in a glass measuring cup and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir until butter is incorporated. Meanwhile heat the cream soda for 1 minute 30 seconds. Slowly combine the two and serve with a butterscotch swizzle stick.
Categories

Comments

... wow... I've GOT to try those!
    this sounds like a family fun night concoction that we will have to try.
    Butterscotch schnapps??? Sounds horrible. Actually I may be a party pooper, but none of those appeal to me.
    The last combination sounds the best. I think I just may have to try it. The only thing that makes me hesitant is the cream soda. I don't like cream soda. Yet, maybe with the butterscotch, it just might work well together.
    Hmmmm, butterscotch, ya say? **scratches head**

My mother-in-law used to make such a wicked (good) hot beverage that she called hot-buttered-rum. She had this pail of stuff that she froze, then to make the yummy drink, she just boiled water, added one tablespoon of the concoction to a cup of boiling water and top with an ounce of white or dark rum (or no rum, for those who prefer). In any which-way --- absolutely yummalicious! I'll have to bug her for her secret in the pail of frozen stuff! Now you have my mouth watering, Amp!
    I have to say that frozen butterbeer is also swell. I think it makes the butterscotch taste not too sweet, but just right.