View RSS Feed

Sci Fi Story

Quotations (Part II)

Rate this Entry
Ok, quick quotes from Kurt Vonnegut. Kurt was a brilliant writer. He was captured as a POW, survived the Dresden firestorm that killed something like 500,000 people. He writes in a book called, 'Fates Worse Than Death', subtitled a 'A Autobiographical Collage'. I write in my books, and so these quotes are either Kurt's or mine, or posted in this book.

All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental and should not be construed. No names have been changed to protect the innocent, since God Almighty protects the innocent as a matter of Heavenly routine.
~K. Vonnegut.
I will drink myself in stupor!
I will drink myself in health!
I will drink myself in poverty!
Until I drink myself in Wealth!
Should I die tomorrow,
Please drink at my parade!
Come share a drink when you lonely,
On the green grass by my grave!
(epitaph written for my father Mouse.)
~B-Mental

O God who hast hitherto supported me, enable me to proceed in this labor & in the whole task of my present state that when I shall render up at the last day an account of the talent committed to me I may receive pardon for the sake of Jesus Christ. Amen.
~Samuel Johnson, diary entry for April 3, 1753, when he was working on his Dictionary of the English Language April 3, therefore, might be called "Writer's Day."
And who goes to and Ivy League school in order to become a permanent PFC? I did. (So did Norman Mailer. He has his own tale to tell.)
~K. Vonnegut

I sneezed blood here in Big Sky, MT Jan., 2005 with 2 broken bones in my hand, and a nose eaten by my neighbors dog. Just 3 days later I broke my collarbone & my heart on the same day. Sweet Pete
~B-Mental
And listen to this: "No matter where I am, and even if I have no clear idea where I am, and no matter how much trouble I may be in, I can achieve a blank and shining serenity if only I can reach the very edge of a natural body of water. The very edge of anything from a rivulet to an ocean says to me: You are home."
Categories

Comments