View RSS Feed

Logos' blog

kūdos [and complaints!] part iii

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Ok this is going to be pretty boring, dry stuff, but really, after reading Anza's challenge last night to set a new record of daily blogs for today

http://www.online-literature.com/for...ad.php?t=33808

which, as I write this is

Most users ever posted on the same day was 18, on [30 March 2008]. ampoule*, andave_ya, Anza, B-Mental, Bluebiird, Captain Pike, Dori, Granny5, islandclimber, Nossa, Petrarch's Love, SleepyWitch, TheFifthElement*
I thought it was time I blog again because I haven't done it for so long. Thanks for the little push Anza

--

First of all, what I want to say is, if you are going to register with an online forum, *please* do not use your real first and last names! I have had a number of people recently who have done this, who then change their mind and realise how silly this is, and want their user name changed and / or all of their posts edited or removed so that their real name is not here anymore. There are far better things I would rather do with my time here

--

Ok, now that that is out of the way, I have to say, it's still kind of early in the morning for me and my brain is not functioning at full capacity yet, it takes longer now that I am caffeine free [yes I only drink decaf now...long story] so I am going to be lazy and copy and paste yet some more of the emails I get. I have done this twice already here and here.

As I have done earlier, any identifying info has been removed. If you do however chance upon an email that you sent me and are not comfortable with it being here, please let me know and I will remove it.

--

I have tried to join to no avail. I am trying to contact someone who needs desparate help and it is only thru this website. I have been completely denied

i need 3 paragraphs to 6 to 8 sentences on the noval jane austin,s noval emma. i need to write these sentences i have read the book what do i write about i am having trouble on this matter how do i write this essay thanks

please log me in. would like to be a member using this site. It would help a great deal in my teaching and writing career.

Long time I am looking forward Orwells biography , here I see some points but I can\'t recieve it as a page . could you please send the biography to my email in microsoft word. many thanks

Derria\'s \"TWO WORDS\" on Joyce is, in my opinion, the deepest analysis in Joyce field, specifically in his masterpiece \"FINNEGAN\'S WAKE\".But, as far as ULYSSES is concrned, I persoally know no analysis deeper and more enlightening than F.LYOTARD\'s ,in his \"Toward the Postmodern\", some part of which I\'ve introduced
and translated into the persian nation.

We are from xxx Export. We just want to know the prices for Burglar Alarm. Kindly give me the suitable price for Burglar Alarm. We will appreciate your quick response. All the specification is as under:

Burglar Alarm

1) Foot Panic
2) Bell Push
3) Alarm Punch/Key Pad
1. Battery
2. Power Supply
3. Tele Phone Auto Switch
4) Siren
5) Magnetic Switches
6) Complete Cabling of 5 Pair cable complete in all respects.

how to post topis for disussion??? how we can post topic for discussion.........i dont want replies but i want to suggest topic!

My poem was award the editors choice last year. I would like to know on how i will get the awards. The title of my poem is "Anthem xxx"

Trying to read Tolstoys, The Kingdom of Heaven is within you and had to quit because of that flashing add for some lottery thing. Is there anything you can do about it.

i just came across your site for the first time and my question to you is the is \"The Jungle\" by Upton Sinclair on this site the whole story or are they just chapter summaries?

In Chapter 10 of the Scarlet Letter what did Chillingworth ask Dimmesdale to do? And how did he respond?

yo...your store is cool and so is your web page

Since when is it acceptable to print a work of literature and leave the Author\'s name off as it is in the short story The Hanging?

I am doing a paper on Thomas Hardy\'s The Man He killed. I need to do the works referenced page. What author do I put for this page?

I applaud your efforts in taking a stand against students\' blatant reuse of purchased essays. I am impressed by the site you have constructed and plan to forward the URL along to the teachers in my high school. (I am a school librarian.)
I would like to ask that in your statement to students regarding plagiarism of purchased essays, that you take a firmer stand. Your wording in this statement focuses on the impact to the student should they get caught and cautions students that teachers have sophisticated means of catching them. If we as educators and
distributors of information are unwilling to take a stand and state to students clearly that plagiarism is wrong and that not only can it have a detrimental impact, it undermines your own personal integrity and academic pursuits; the problem will not be overcome. I encourage you to take a firm stand. Plagiarism is not ok if you don\'t get caught, it is wrong. Help us teach this message by supporting this
ideal.

I have to say that I was surprised upon my first visit to your site that your sponsored links are to (a) a marriage service for arranged marriages and (b) Married But Looking (illicit contacts). Are you sure these are the best ad campaigns for a site that is sure to draw many junior and senior high school viewers? I think not.

Today when I oppened this side was it \" Cngratulations! You är 1000000 visiter today\". It was one thouthand sex hundreds somemthing.. Was it really or just a joke?

I'm wondering if you could either delete, edit, change the name, or something (anything PLEASE) regarding old childish posts with my name attached to them. PLEASE! I\'m begging you to help me on this issue.

Categories

Comments

That last one had me doubled over in laughter. And no, to those that may think it, it wasn't me.
    Well, you write like your on DECAF, so you might as well...bah nevermind. You know I still love your entries. I suspect the last one was from Stanislaw. LOL
    Without the long story, Logos, is the swtich to decaf for health reasons? I've switched off and on several times. I'm apparently very sensitive to caffeine. One or two cups on a fairly regular basis keeps me up all night. I've had a couple of cups per day the last few days (I needed it) and the last two nights I've only had three hours each night. I'm breaking it off today. But other health concerns I've heard are irregular or fast heart beat and I think possible increase in blood pressure. On the plus side I have heard it may help with dementia.
    I get kudos? yay!
    Those were funny! I think stupidity is a disease that is slowly choking the world. The only antidote is regular visits to Litnet.
    I love these blog entries Logos. I had to slap my forehead for the thomas Hardy one...
    Actually the blinking ad while reading is annoying.

The long suffering one drinks coffee on a regular basis. I'm soda (Mountain Dew prefered) and water when the paycheck dries out. Coffee is once in a very blue moon. I pour cream in til it turns brown then stir. To the surprise of even myself I don't use sugar in it.

Can't believe I missed your name on the Directory as I'm at work working backwards on making comments.
    Virgil, my switch to DEcaf? well...basically because I am such a spazz most of the time and hate grocery shopping, I had bought DEcaf coffee without reading the label properly! So, it was only after a few WEEKS that I actually noticed "DEcaf" on the label, and realised I had DEtoxed! I was angry with myself, but it explained all the mysterious headaches. I never noticed that it kept me awake. Now I figure it has to have some health benefits, because I drink a *lot* of coffee, so I guess I will stay DEcaffed. Maybe I will be less of a spazz now; or maybe it was all early onset of dementia .....No Pete, the last email was not from Stan, unless they've got themselves suitably disguised ....Sorry I can't help with the ads on the site, they are what help pay for all the bandwidth required to host all of these blog pages ....
    I love reading these, Logos, thanks for posting. And I personally don't thank you or the other good folks manning this site enough for all your hard work and diligence in keeping this site the quality site that it is. Yay for all of you and you know who you are! Love Kizzo
    What statement about plagiarism?