View RSS Feed

Scribblings

Assenzi!

Rate this Entry
Yep, I'm skipping again. I don't seem to be able to remain on LitNet for long each time I come back! Anyways, I'll be back here by the end of the month, or the beginning of April, hopefully.

I've just come back from a trip to Trento, in the north of Italy, which has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. Each place in Italy is more beautiful than the next! Trento is a little town surrounded by mountains. It's not far away from Riva del Garda, the largest lake in Italy, also cradled by the Alps.

There were about 15 of us there, students from the AFS program from all different parts of the world, and stationed in different parts of Italy normally; but for this week we did an exchange with Trento. Later on I'll be doing another exchange with Laspezia (also north but by the sea), while other exchange students in my area will be going to Sardegna, Sicily, Venice, etc.

We also were supposed to go one day to ski in the mountains, but it was actually too hot (STOP GLOBAL WARMING!!) so we ended up climbing up a bit of one of the mountains to an awesome view, and then going sledding and snowball fighting.

One day we went to Venice, about 3 hours from Trento, and very cool; and we even took a ride on the gondolas!

Anyways, once I get back from Laspezia, I hope to be back on LitNet. I leave Thursday - I've only been back in Lazio (the region where I live) for a few days, most of which I've spent sick with this influenza that's sweeping Italy! Oh well. The exchanges are very awesome, especially since it's great to get to know some of the other exchange students, and to learn about their cultures too: there must have been kids from 15 different countries in Trento alone, from Brazil, to China, Argentina, Denmark, Russia, Egypt, and many others!

And I want to thank all of your for your help in making a decision about changing host families. In the end, I did decide to change families, with advice from my natural family and after talking things over with the family here as well. I understand the philosophy of trying to stick it out, and that is usually my own mode of thinking; however, after "sticking it out" for almost six months and remaining with so many problems - and still being not all that happy as a general rule - we pretty much all decided that the best thing would be to change (which was absolutely terrifying for me). In the end it's all very definitely worked out for the very best. I love my new family!! I have a sister of my own age, and a 10-year-old brother, and even though I've stayed with them for only a few days in all, we already like each other a lot and get along really well. Hopefully it will continue bene!

See you all in a couple'a weeks!
Categories

Comments

That sounds great, all this travelling you do and the people you meet!
    Congrats! Sounds like an awesome trip, and I'm glad you made the right decision for you in the end.
    Great photos Mir. My brother was an exchange with the University in Trento. Don't worry about your absences from lit net. It's natural. Just return with more great picturse.
    Hey, mir, it was good to hear from you! I am so glad that you are happy at last with your family away from home. I felt bad for you that you were so unhappy. You take care.