View RSS Feed

Logos' blog

kūdos

Rate this Entry
This is a little sampling of some of the emails I get regarding the discussion forums and the database of searchable e-texts on The Literature Network.

They come from all kinds of people: students of all ages, teachers, art gallery owners, professors, website owners, museum curators, retirees re-visiting books they read in high school, librarians, archivists, and various researchers.

It’s always great to hear from people who use LitNet and appreciate all the work that Admin and the Mods put into it. Though I’ve been here almost three years I’m daily reminded that there are real people behind members’ avatars and posts in the forums, and that they are what make this site so great

And yes I also get very anxious homework requests, spam and complaints but I’ll save those for another entry

“Hi! I just came across your site and I LOVED it!” –E.S.

“Comments...Today is the first time I have ever come across this site, which I immediately added to my Favourites!” –M.A.

“I really enjoy your site quite a bit, thank you for sharing this with us. ” –J.G.

“hi, I came across your site while researching a book. I remember reading a text when I was a child and it was about a man, I beleive, he would order food with or without onions- I think. I am looking to re-read that book. Can you help? PS- your website is awesome and I have subscribed to Shakespeare’s daily sonnets. Thanks-“T.T.X

“ps you have done a great thing for researchers here ,shipmates.” –M.S.

“Thank you very much for your assistance! Your site is a great resource for us.” –J.W.

“I have been looking a long time for a forum that talked about literature and poetry. Your site is a valuable learning resource and you have done a great job listing the authors and their biography and their works. I just wanted to take the time to thank you for your efforts.” –J.B.M

“I love your website and you information.” –C.J.

“I am using your online version of Don Quixote with my high school literature students. Thank you!” –S.G.

“I have found your site very impressive. Thanking you.” T.M.

“I left my copy of Oliver Twist at work and thought I was going to have to wait until Monday to see what happned to the poor boy. You’ve come to the rescue. I’'m enjoying a good read and a good malt whisky. Thanks for the text.” –H.J.

“Dear Literature Network, Thank you for such a great website!” –J.L.

“Your site is a great resource,” –K.D.

“Comments... I want to thank you for all the information in this site that we always use it in our researches in the university.” –B

“I just found your site and have to say it is phenomenal!! Well designed to say nothing of the content. Thank You!!” –F.R.

“Dear Sir/Lady: I would like to extend my sincere appreciation and gratitude for the wealth of information that this absolutely magnificent website provides for all literature lovers. I have been browsing your website for few years now and have always been stunned by the great quality of the content and presentation. Thank you so much for all the great work you have been doing...I deeply thank you for everything you are doing to keep this website an open horizon for millions of people who appreciate and love literature.” –R.J.

Categories

Comments

That is really cool, and really nice to hear from so many people. For a long time, I used LitNet without actually using the forums. I found a lot of works and authors I needed, and decided you all seemed like a lovely bunch.
    Kudos to the moderators and Admin for a great site. Contrary to what you may think Logos, I have no desire to get banned. I would really miss this place.
    Well yes, it *is* a great site and is why I devote time in trying to make it better and better. But the fact that there are so many different people of all ages and of all walks of life and yes even different temperaments, well, that is what makes it work so well
    Firstly, take a bow all Mods and the Admin. You guys run an awesome site, that is for sure, and your hard work is what keeps things running smoothly. Thanks from me too!

Secondly, YAY US!!

Need I say more?
    Heck, yeah!!! That's right, yo!!! Lit-Net is 'da bomb!!!