View RSS Feed

Geekery

I can't title things

Rate this Entry
A few more arts to throw at ya'll...

This is from that Aesop's fable, "The Fox and the Goat." If you haven't read it: a fox falls into a well and it's too deep for him to get out. Along comes Goat. Fox is all smiles and says how swell the water is down there and the Goat, displaying the renowned goaty brains, jumps down. Up hops the fox on his back, and he easily get out of the well. Goat decides the water isn't so great after all and calls to the fox for help. And the fox basically calls him a moron for not looking before he leaped.

The privilege of having friends means you never have to pay for models. I posed some buddies for an illustration that I'm supposed to submit to a society of illustrators show in New York. Realistically I doubt this would get in but it was still fun to do. I know there's a few details that need reworked (ignore the unfinished ear, haha by which I mean totally notice it now that I've mentioned it) and I'll add stuff, but yeah.

I haven't been around terribly much lately. :| School is like a jealous boyfriend--possessive and envious if I spend time with other activities. Homework, I--I just need some space. You understand. We can still see each other, but I'm feeling stifled by this relationship. It's not you, it's me. Well, really it's you.

Think I'm coming down with a cold. Fun fact: it happens right after I've been bragging to my friends about how I never get sick. Way to keep me humble, karma. Any excuse for tea I guess.

And guys, I know you were worried, but I'm doing ok. My grief has subsided somewhat even though the spot is sore. There... is always next year. Then the Indians will take the pennant. I know. It will be glorious. In the meantime, I'll mend my heart for the Buckeyes.

So how are all you dudes?
Categories

Comments

Looks really nice Higley. I'm impressed. I'm well. I wish my Orioles made it as far as your Indians. At least my Cowboys are dong well in football this year. It was getting that all my teams stink, but at least they turned it around. Good luck with your submission.
    As always I love your artwork Higley. Thanks for sharing:)
    higley, you are so talented. I love the picture of the card reading, it is really expressive. I almost feel that I could reach out and touch them.
    WOW! you're amazing!