View RSS Feed

Barmy Blue's Bland Blog

Quick updates

Rate this Entry
Well, when I left you guys I was in the study room, trying to ingest that detestable pasta. I shall continue from there.
Not long after finishing that last entry, a cleaner came upon my hideout. I quickly and politely vacated the room I wandered to the other side of the school to a flight of stairs and decided to at least finish the chicken of my meal, though I couldn’t stomach any more of the pasta. I managed to get the last piece or two of chicken down and disposed of the evidence in a bin bag. I looked up at the night sky through one of the windows on the ceiling. I caught a glimpse of myself and thought how small I looked, in that reflection. It certainly seemed to be higher than I’d thought. I wandered back to the study room but didn’t go in. I hung around in the corridor and the cleaner locked it when she was done. Continually screwing up the receipt from my “dinner” out of sheer boredom I then wandered down to reception and sat in the seat that I supposed to be the warmest, as it was on the same side as the open door and furthest from it. I’d kept my phone on, though I doubted mum would call by that time. I took a few depressing pictures of myself. I whistled a few notes that you could hardly call a tune. I watched people come and go. One or two said hello and I returned the gesture. Then mum finally arrived, roughly on time for once (by the school clock, but five minutes late by my fast watch). My first appointment was with Ms Parsons, but, as I already said, I suspected her of not being in. My two English teachers, Ms Miller and Ms Banks caught us. They had no negative comments, not even my timekeeping (which mum was dreading). There was the issue of timing and planning exams (something I need a lot of work on) and my seeming to be “away with the fairies” sometimes, though Ms Banks corrected that by saying it was more like I concentrated on something in class and then kind of lost where the class was. All in all, nothing bad and a rather good review. Like I said, my IT teacher Ms Parsons wasn’t in, but my other IT teacher Mr Isacs was. His review was not bad either, though he did comment on my spending too much time on a simple yet “professional” little logo for my spreadsheets, but he failed to mention the lesson I spent looking up how to do things on help for myself, I suppose he didn’t really notice that, actually, because of that, I actually taught him something he didn’t know regarding turning cells into dropdown boxes without inserting a box that could be moved around . Then, at last we came to Ms Kane. I haven’t mentioned her before. She’s my Tuesday business teacher, standing in for Mr Mincer who’s very ill at the moment and his immune system’s completely shot, so he’s had to stay away during the cold season, but we’re told he may return after Easter. She happened to be talking with some other teachers. I was the only one who bothered to make an appointment. We passed her table and I saw mine was the only name on her list. I decided we should sit at the side and wait politely (I consider it very rude to deliberately interrupt someone unless it is extremely urgent, or unless you don’t deem them worthy of your manners (though teachers are always deemed worthy I must add)). She was quite surprised when she happened to turn round and see us; in fact she seemed rather embarrassed (though I stick by my decision not to be rude and interrupt). Ms Kane was also filling in for our Friday business teacher Mr Simons, who told us the previous week that he wasn’t sure he’d make it. He emailed her about any important things though. Ms Kane seemed to have nothing but good to say about me and inflated my ego considerably more than the others had done. I left overall feeling rather pleased. We even managed to escape without having to deal with Ms Richards.
Well, that was Thursday.

Friday was not so eventful.
There are only two things worth mentioning about Friday.
One was rather funny. In business Mr Simons happened to notice (I’m not quite sure how as I couldn’t see myself) one boy showing his nipple to his friend next to him. After announcing this to the class in his comedic fashion he asked why. It turned out the boy had a nipple ring to which Mr Simons made light humour about body piercing in general.
The other bit of news is that I got my first offer for Uni. I’ve got stuff about open days, but this one is actually willing to take me (Providing I get the grades of course). I was so happy I could scream, actually I did several times It was my second choice. I haven’t actually seen it yet, but the fact that I’ve had an offer is a step in the right direction. Of course, we’re going to see it before I accept.
That was Friday.

Saturday has very little to say except for the meal that I cooked. I got out some chicken burgers from the freezer and, lacking any other vegetables, resolved to cook baked beans. Mum requested cheese with hers, so I gave the beans an individual zing by cooking them with the grated mozzarella and adding Heinz tomato sauce to give them an extra zing (I always think they taste better with sauce). Mum didn’t suspect because the sauce had the added bonus of colouring the beans a bit redder so the cheese wasn’t so noticeable. Beans with a creamy texture and added zing served with chicken burgers. Not a bad meal for microwave food addicts . Also, that morning, I dreamt that Henry came to visit me (My beloved but passed on cat). I stroked him then scooped him up in my arms and cuddled him happily. Mum couldn't see him and told me to get up but I said at least let me have this time with him, I don't know when I'll see him again.

Sunday has nothing o say really. I went to get my bus pass but I got there too late and they were closed (Though I’d swear they were normally open until 4:30).

I should have done a presentation for ASDAN for tomorrow but I haven’t. I chose the simple topic of celebrities and why people are so obsessed with them.
Well, I can always how something together. I usually do.

Well, bluebird out

Updated 06-15-2011 at 09:10 AM by Bluebiird

Categories
Odd Dreams

Comments