View RSS Feed

Logos' blog

kudos part ii

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

I had posted a kudos blog entry earlier this year
, and thought I would post another 'kudos' entry regarding the comments, queries, and feedback I get about the site. As usual they are posted anonymously so as to not reveal the identity of the sender.

Disclaimer: If any of you recognise one as your own, please view it in the spirit that this is intended, as a fun way to get a glimpse into how other people see and use the site.

Some of the messages I get are annoying--as you will see below, like repeated homework queries --some of them are silly, some of them are downright strange, and some truly touching. Again I will spare you the spam messages

Ok, here we go: (my comments are in brackets)

--

I was wondering if you could do me a huge, gigantic, enormous, monumental favour??????????? Would you please, please, please ban me? I love LitNet, honestly, I can't tell you how much I love LitNet . Which is, indirectly, why I need you to ban me. I will say that I don't want to be able to post any more. I just want to be able to read the threads and whatnot and I can do that even banned but . . . I NEED to NOT be able to post anything anymore. PLEASE . . .Thank-you sooo much!!! (Even if you can't or won't, thank you.)

--

Dostoievski was a deeply illiterate aristocrat who\'s litterarture is drivel and a defunct money making scheme.

DO NO BE MISLED ABOUT HIS OPINION ABOUT WICKEDNESS (HE MEANT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHEN HE CRITICISED IT) AND HIS USE OF THE WORD, WE. BECAUSE YOU CERTAINLY DON\'T BELONG IN HIS CLASS. LIKE THE POOR 12 YEAR OLD READER WHO SENT HIS COMMENT.

Dostoievski\'s class was wiped out ultimately by the revolution.

--

Comments...I do not have a e-mail adress or pass word and to take my quiz

--

currently working on involves each student to portray a historical figure of their choice. I have chosen Louisa May Alcott as the historical figure I will present, and educate the class about. I was wondering if you could give me some anecdotes about Louisa May Alcott such as how she was like when she was a teenager and a child, how her family life was, and how she really felt about her accomplishments to further help me get a clear understanding of her and help me be able to create a better
presentation. Thank you for your time.

--

Wow! A prompt reply and something done. I am totally impressed. You guys rock! Thank you so much.

--

Comments...we need comments on modern poetry . Aparaphrase through which we can understand poems like ,for instance,a vision ,amor intellectualis,.....etc.by Oscar Wilde and other many poets of the modern age.

--

Comments... I have 12 books written by Balzac how much are these books worth?

--

Comments...Your site is an asset and joy to browse. Thank you. This site should be used by every government school in the USA.

--

Comments...Is it cervantes on this spirit bottle?
Write to me and i\'ll send you a copy of the picture

--

Egads, I went to your web page following a link for Orwells\' 1984. There was a quize, I tried to take it and told I\'ve already done so. I solute you for knowing something I didn\'t know myself. Possibly a past life and you delved into that. Very good. Didn\'t know the web existed before this lifetime. Maybe some story teller wondered through the village...

--

hi God richly bless you
you can send me some of your books
xxxxxxxx
p.o.box kn xxxxxxx kaneshie Accra
Ghana

--

Comments... Moby Dick\'s outline needs some serious corrections!!? Somebody having a little sense of humor- maybe, no?

--

Please, Please, Please!! more of the works of Herman Hesse. And also how about some work by the great American author Henry Miller. I love this site. Thank you,

--

Comments...
DearSir,
Iam a student in the department of the English Literature in Al-Azhar University-Gaza.I have a problem in finding books to make my research papers, especially in poetry.When I saw your site, I thought that you might help me by providing me with some books if you can.Thank you very much.I will be waiting to hear from you.
Your faithfully,
xxxxxxxxxx

Comments
DearcontentManager,
Iam xxxxxxx,a student at the department of the English Literature.Two days ago I sent an-email to your site asking for help.Actually, I face a problem in finding books, and essays about Sir Philip Sidney that can help me in my research papers about \"An Apology for Poetry\", so when I saw your site I thought that you could help me.Thank you very much.You are kindly requested to provide me with what I want.
Your faithfully,
xxxxxxxxxx

DearSir,
Thank you very much for repling on my email.
xxxxxxxx

(but they email again!)

DearSir,
Iam xxxxxxxa student at the department of the English Literature.Actually, I have a problem in finding commentary and explenation for \"When we two parted\" by George Gordon Byron.I tried to find something on your site, but I could not, so please if you can help me, try to inform me on my e-mail.You are kindly requested to prvide me with what I want.Thank you very much.
Your faithfully,
xxxxxxxx

DearSir,
Two days ago, I sent an-email asking for your help, but I did not recive any thing.Iam trying to find analysis and explenation to \"When we two parted\" by Lord Byron, but I can not.Please if you can help me, try to inform me on my e-mail.All your efforts will be appreciated.
Your faithfully,
xxxxxxxxx

--

(this one sent three times)

helpppppp

--

Please go to this page on your site: http://www.online-literature.com/elbert-hubbard/journeys-vol-five/4/ The author of this article is not only ignorant about the life of Robert Burns but also a religious bigot! Burns was not a failure in life. At 37 years of age, as he lay dying the one thought was of his wife and children?s welfare!

Robert Burns had Rheumatic Fever, which in the end cost him his life. It had nothing to do with making love or drinking! Most of his beloved children died of it. If this author wants to read an encyclopedia then per chance you might send him to Britannica for the correct information. Yes, in the beginning, Burns did disdain the military but before his death; he organized the homeland militia during the French Revolution in case of invasion. This is a statement of great bravery regardless of one?s earlier thoughts. He deserved the magnanimous funeral in which he was honored by the Scots Guards!

This is entire article should not be published in ONLINE LITERATURE. Freedom of the press is one thing but malicious hypocrisy is another! Please give the author a message from me. (ok..... but Elbert Hubbard died in 1919) Before you write about anything, research it first! In the future, my prayer is that you read what you print BEFORE it goes online!

--

Iam a student at the department of the English Literature.I can\'t find analysis of Lord Byron\'s poem \"Oh! Snatched Away In Beauty\'s Bloom\", on your site, so please i need your help.All your efforts will be appreciated.
Your faithfully,

--

Why did I banned?

--

I have made a good face, for free, that is pretty good. I could\'ve used it in a post but I couldn\'t paste it in. It looks like 2 types of faces. One that you are not sure of yourself and that you are seeing what other people are saying back like whether they are agreeing with you or just not even accepting your opinion. The other type of face is that you are listening to someone but they are not making sense. If you are interested, just e-mail me

--

Comments...I do not appreciate being treated like i am going to steal. My 11 year old daughter was wanting this book. I have the block on my computer because I do not want the vulgure things in this world to be seen by my family. I wont bother looking at your site again.

--

Comments...I will want to know much about you and your writings.

--

Thank you very much for such a fine service. Sincerely,xxxx

--

Please help you if you would omit my reference name on the site - it currently is xxxxxxx which is my personal name and e-mail! I had wanted to be identified only as xxxxxxxxand I did attempt to change this myself but was unsuccessful.

--

hi!
how are you?
we are art-progressive-folk-goth-doom-sorrow rock/metal band!
we\'d like to invite you to visit our web-site and exchange the links+banners!
you can write your reviews+interviews about us!
we are looking for recording labels,promoution centers,produccers,sponsors,festivals,music-equiepments and so on!
we\'d like to play with you in your contry (city) and our!
you can buy our CD!
or we can exchange CD with your CD!
let\'s talk and do it!
you can send us as the gifts: the T-shirts with symbol of your company (country),free of charge from you a few Pick-Cards and pedals,mic,guitars,cords and other things and so on!
it could be your advertising here!it could be your help and for a charitable purporse!
we are waiting for your suggestions!
see you!

--

hi!
i\'am xxxxxxx
i\' am famouse painter!
i\'d like to invite you to visit my web-site and exchange the links+banners!
you can write your reviews+interviews about my arts!
i\' am looking for exhibition centers,pictures-gallery and so on!
welcome to arts!
we are waiting for your suggestions!!
see you,
xxxxxxx

--

I have two free e-books that I would like to submit to your site for inclusion if this is possible. They are published and in book stores everywhere including xxxxx so they are quality products. Please contact me concerning if this is possible. Thank you.

--

Hello, My name is xxxxxxxx Im from Iran It was near a week ago that I visit online-literature and I was 999999 visitor of your site I know that i won your lottery, when I wanted to complete your form I could not find my country beacuse of this problem I introduce my freind in Dubai Kamal he was xxxxxxx Counselor UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR LIAISON OFFICE and I just know him and I tell you his information and now he does not answer my mail and does not help me. please help me for getting the money. your sincerely . xxxxxxxxxx

--

Comments...I\'m very happy that I make a contact with you.I\'m hopping to have all kinds of facilities from you.Thank you.

--

I wanted to advertise my website in your General Literature section, I posted a link, please move it back.

--

Comments...plz help

--

school. I googled thomas hardy and came across your website as a sourse for his bio. At the end it said to ask for permission to use it. PLEASE NOTE: I am NOT copying and pasting, I am simply taking notes and rephrazing what i think is important for my bio on Hardy. I know NOT to plagiarize and there\'s zero tolerance for it at my school. if there\'s any problems, please let me know ASAP! thanks for your time!

--

The ads on your site are intrusive and annoying. I am unable to read teh content of the page because I am being encouraged to \"Calculate the exact name of [my] perfect lover.\" Please, reformat the things, find the hacker who has placed them on your page and torture them, or get rid of them altogether.

--

i want help of other members for my assignments

--

I have a set of books which are quite old. i an not really interested in selling them, "The complete works of xxx" but if you want them
I can sell them for $1,500USD

--

I have begun teaching greek literature and found this site extremely useful.I am looking for critical and character analysis of Virgil\'s Aeneid and Homer\'s Odysseus. you may email me it to directly at xxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you, xxxxxxxxx

--

Comments...

There is a typo in the information on the Emily Dickensian please fixx it

--

I\'m wondering if you could either delete, edit, change the name, or something (anything PLEASE!!!!!!) regarding old childish posts with my name attached to them. PLEASE! I\'m begging you to help me on this issue.

--

(And, the best message I've gotten this year so far I've saved for last)

I have no problem with this site,
neither technical nor in any way.
How could I?

If my eyes tell me correctly --
if there really are 2000 books
and 3000 short stories,
and essays to boot,
on this site --

Then it proves there\'s possibility
of falling in love with a website.

Thank you, and keep this place open
for a while, will you?

Sincerely,
B.

--

Categories

Comments

If I could only change ONE thing about the site it would be to add a "Next Chapter" command when finishing a chapter in a novel. Sometimes when there isn't a chapter title I'll get out of the chapter and forget the number I just read. On the other hand with my usual blind eye and computer ignorance the command is probably in place and I just don't see it.
    Some of those are hilarious. You must get a lot of dumb questions. Oh by the way, if anyone gets to ban you, can it be me? I live in fear of you banning me. So it would only be right I do it. Evereytime I lose my temper in an outburst on a post somewhere I wonder if Logos is ready to push that button and zap. Well thanks for tolerating me.
    Some of thats just funny.
    Holy Cow! Mark your calendars folks, cause Logos has posted again, finally, and what a post it is...no points for brevity there Logos, but its great to see an entry from you. Wow, looks like you have lots of admirers.

Sincerely,
    B.
    Absolutely hilarious! Thanks for posting these, Logos, because they were highly entertaining! Glad someone told me to read your blog. I think some of these people view you as a kind of god or royalty. Is there anything you can't do for them? Amazing and I love how some demand you do what they request. Too, too funny!
    Hey, I know this is not the place where I should say this, but can you please post more picture of you, cause I think you're beautiful. really..

i didn't send you a private message cause i thought it would just annoy you. so i have decided to put this on this little humble area hehehe.

by the way, i have read aldous huxley's brave new world when i was 12, my teacher told me to make a book report about since he thought i was genius enough to understand it haha! so, what particular of huxley do you like most?..

i'm so annoying haha, anyway, you can just ignore me then hehe..
    No Janine definitely not royalty here and I wouldn't want to be a god

Yes I know B I'm rather negligent in the blog dept. myself and here I am replying weeks later!

Virgil, chill out! You're not getting banned, I think you know by now how tolerant I am ... and.... there is only ONE person here would could ban me; you're not even on the list

mtpspur my friend, I swear! that IS on Admin's unending list of fixes to the site, it will happen, though I probably would get banned if I said when

Glad you guys enjoyed
    oh my god I just laughed till I cried... seriously some peopel...anyway set to private because I accidently restroed a comment that had been delted for this post then I redeleted it so just though you should know..