View RSS Feed

Geekery

pity points

Rate this Entry
Oh if any of you love me at all root for the Cleveland Indians. After some agonizing seasons my darling Tribe is finally back where it belongs--in the playoffs, October's playground. They play the Yankees now, and if they beat them they must get past Boston to the World Series. My boys are young anklebiters, post-season green-behind-the-ears tots, underdogs against Goliaths. So cheer for the Indians to succeed and bring home poor beleaguered Cleveland a championship!

And if by some chance you aren't moved to tears by emotion for this earnest, apple-cheeked team, here's some art so this post is at least interesting. It's something for a children's book class, this time designing a Halloween themed children's magazine cover. It's front and back, so the left side is the back side and the right is the front. Basically it's a couple of kids playing rock-paper-scissors to determine who has to go trick/treat at the haunted house.

Sorry it's a bit big!
And here is a Sherlock doodle of himself and Lestrade:

Haha it always amused me how Holmes reacted to the detective.

So later ya'll, I'm sorry I haven't been around much but there's work and school and homework and surprise family weekends in another state. Thumbs up!

And remember, as fond parting words,

GO CLEVELAND INDIANS!!!
Categories

Comments

Wow higley! That book cover is amazing!
    I'm watching the fourth game with the tribe up 6-3 in the 8th inning. Can they do it!! I don't know if I can stay up much later. I have to go to work tomorrow, but I'm praying the Yankees lose. And my wife, who is a Yankees fan, is cursing me every ten minutes.
    OK, I stayed up to the end. Cleveland Indians win!!
    The Indians win it!! Thank you for the cheers Virg! My boys go on to Fenway. I think they can do it! I am just so thrilled right now. Our pitching is phenom and the bats showed up tonight. Paul always has good run support (and often needs it.) That whole game just was one very prolonged heart attack I think. Wedge shows his managerial skills! Thanks Virg--shake your wife's hand for me. Go Tribe!