View RSS Feed

Geekery

Book Cover

Rate this Entry
Here's an illustration for a book cover I did for class, the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes naturally. Scene not taken from a story, just...made up. Hey the teacher wanted dramatic!

My Indians have all but clinched the AL Central title! Go go guys, rah rah beat em up. The addition of Asdrubal Cabrera was awesome, and Verlander better not get the Cy Young ahead of Sabathia! Considering Cleveland's like, beat him three or four times this season and CC's lights out pitching (though Carmona's been even better lately). And the Browns beat the Bengals, which about shocked me outta my socks. I knew they'd do better if they just started Derek Anderson at quarterback! On offense anyway. Ok I'll hush.

How are all you fine cats.
Categories

Comments

I think there's a future in graphics for you or book covers. As good as anything I've seen and beats many I have.
    mam thats really bloody brilliant! Higley i'm with Mtspur....
    Wow, what an amazing picture Higley!
    Congrats on the Indians. They had a fine season. I wonder now how they will do in the playoffs. I'm sure the other three teams (Boston, California, and NY Yankees) are rated ahead of Cleveland. What do you think?
    wow!!!...awesome higley...great stuff...
    That is an exceptional illustration. I really love all of the drawings you've posted. I agree with mtspur... I can see a good career for you if you choose to stay with doing graphic art. You have an exceptional talent:)
    Wow! How did you make this?
    Higley, you have tons of talent, bravo for that wonderful book cover!
    Thanks all! I really appreciate it. Virg, the way it looks, the Indians, having the best record, will play the Yankees in Cleveland. Unless by some crazy miracle the Tigers pulled it out, which I don't think will happen. This is great because of course Cleveland will start CC and then Carmona as a good 1-2 punch to start a series. Then maybe Westbrook, or Laffey. In any case I'm not concerned about the pitching as they've got a great bullpen, but I am a little concerned about the bats (although they've been doing a little better lately.) Asdrubal was a fantastic add and Kenny's been very solid. So we'll see! Despite their record the Tribe still seems to be something of an underdog.