View RSS Feed

title

Cosmo...and Janet's Comeback

Rate this Entry
There has been so much going on I've wanted to mention. Silly, daily insanity, but interesting to hear about nonetheless. Been planning on writing that oh so personal blog entry, but everytime I write it it just doesn't come out the way I'd hoped so I delete it. One day, some day soon....I will post it. Just hope you all don't view me from that point on as some selfish little Christian brat.

Bear's death has been lamented over and little sister still doesn't know. But with every death there comes a new life somewhere. Just so happens new life happened sooner than we thought. We have a new baby kitten. My dad found him on two very busy cross streets being harrassed by some not so nice looking kids. Kitty was covered in dirt and motor oil. The little gang bangers ask my dad as he approaches the far corner of the street "Is that your cat?" and my dad turns around and says in his very fearful tone (us kids know to behave when we hear that tone), "Yes that's my cat." And so he rescues this itty bitty thing from the gutters and busy streets, the oil and the kids. Of course grateful kitty scratches and hisses at my dad all the way across the busy street.

His coworkers had come in twice that day earlier and mentioned that something was in the middle of those streets.

Kitty is now named Cosmo. It was strongly debated though over Exxon (after the oil rig crash in Alaska) and Lucky. He is too small to have been taken from his mom, and now he has learned very fast how to play fight (rather painfully for those playing with him) and how to use the litter box. He is strong and rather uncoordinated. He is a good cat that would have offered Bear strong competition.

I am now yet again an aunt, this time by law. My future brother in law and his fiancee just had a baby boy. And I am also a new godmother of my best friend's second child. I've been an aunt for a while now.

On a lighter note, when you buy clothing at a cheap price...say a black camisole for $3, keep in mind you get your money's worth. Yesterday at work I was wearing said camisole with a pair of sweatpants and some sandals and a sweater. Inside the office it is cold, outside, it is 95 degrees. I was about to go outside so I stand up and start to take off my sweater as I am talking to my young male coworker (he is actually my age). Sweater comes off...and left strap decides to come off as well. The strap flings over my shoulder as I am standing up. THANK THE MIGHTY LORD MY SHIRT WAS TIGHT!!! Hehe, Janet Jackson returns! Nah, the strap came off and the body of the shirt maintained position. I turn red, leave my coworker to his imagination (and possibly his dismay) and run to my boss/mother in law who is on the phone.

I end up sewing the strap back into place better than it was sewn in the first place. So, saved myself from a rather embarrassing incident. Granted, it wasn't the whole football stadium, but one 21 year old male imagination is enough to stem what the curiousity of the football stadium would have been.
Categories

Comments

Good of your father to save the kitty. Sweaters have caused more breakups in Hollywood then anything known to man.
    Poor little Cosmo, why oh why are people cruel to animals??? Thankfully he is in a new and happy surrounding. Bless your dad! Take care, Kizzo