View RSS Feed

title

Falling Short

Rate this Entry
Life right now has been just as the title states, I've been falling short. Good things have been happening, yes, and they make up for all the rushing, frustration and bad things that have occurred...yes, I am an optimist.

No more creepies or adventures in the apartment at the moment, which is a relief. Turns out my complex is a really nice place to be both night and day. Don't know if I ever mentioned my apartment patio overlooks the orange groves from the university (don't get excited, the groves are science experiments, but beautiful nonetheless).

My fiancee made fun of me the other night because it has been over a week and I still have not moved everything I own into my apartment, I kind of have that time to procrastinate, so I think I will. He told me it must be the longest move in history. But things are coming along. I've found out garage sales are fascinating shopping grounds. I went to my first couple this past weekend. I found:

-A kenmore vacuum cleaner for $20, only reason it was sold was because it was too heavy for the maid to carry up and down the stairs (hmmmm)
-Three knit blankets (handmade stuff I LOVE) the guy gave me for $8 together, I later went back and he gave me another one for free
-A cute little plastic thing to stick my silverware in...stupid thing doesn't fit in the drawer but the lady gave it to me for free
-Some awesome cute looking mixing bowls....or for popcorn, candy...or whatever else I want to put in them...$5 for four bowls, and the corresponding plates and soup bowls, which I didn't need but had no option of not buying
-Lastly, a white bathroom cupboard with little glass doors to put my towels, candles, or whatever else I want in there, since the bathroom doesn't have enough cabinet space....this was given to me for FREE!!

No need to say my previous thoughts on garage sales went out the window with my excellent finds.

Been managing to stay at my place until 3:00 a.m, haven't actually slept there yet, but the thirty minute drive really wears me out so I try not to stay so late until I can actually sleep there. Four hours of sleep and then work isn't very healthy. I've forgone my reading and postings and letters and phone calls in favor of trying to sneak in a nap or two.

For the first time ever (you'll all laugh I know) I was late to church. Being as I am a praise and worship leader this isn't a very good thing. My church makes jokes about itself saying that Pentecostal churches start on Pentecostal time; that is they are always never starting on time. So considering this, I woke up at 9:51 and church starts at 10:00 a.m....traditionally, so I technically had until 10:15. I throw some things on and rush out the door.

As I approached, I heard the guitar, drums and the two other female singers...I was late!! Instead of running through the side and through the back prayer room door, I ran right up the steps of the altar, which wasn't very slick. The singers kind of laughed while singing. Turns out I only missed the first song.

The previous day I missed practice by two hours, and then the week before that I missed Sunday morning service in favor of sleep (which also never happens) and didn't go to midweek service. This is not good for the music ministry. But my worship leader just shrugged it off kindly and said he understands the moving is dragging and it happens to all of us.

My evenings at the apartment have also led me to miss some happenings at home. I recently found out my cat was hit by some guy in a truck...deliberately. Let me tell you now that I think that anyone who could deliberately run down an animal has serious issues, this person is sick and should not be considered to take human relationships very well. If they can run down a cat, they will certainly stab you in the back. A little hateful...yeah...stupid jerk killed my cat.

Bear was my baby. He was four years old and had long black fur with a white tuft on his chest and another on his belly. I knew him since he was born. Several nights ago a woman came running up to my brother working in the garage and said some guy in front of her just hit a black cat in his truck and sped off. The cat took off up toward my house and so she thought it was ours. While I was at my apartment, my family was looking frantically with flashlights for him up and down the street. Turns out Saturday my dad was taking out the trash and on the inside of the gate (accessible from the front yard) someone had laid my cat down to rest. Someone knew he was ours and returned him to his family. Poor cat's little body was already going bad. My dad quietly took him away and I have not the heart to ask where. Everyone has cried for Bear.

It is surprising how attached we get to our pets. I've never had a pet die before.

Well I must get going for now. I've been considering posting a very personal blog. Janine has been in support of this, but I think I am still contemplating what it would mean to post it. I'll keep it in mind.

Blessings.
Categories

Comments

Very very sorry about Bear. I have had many cats over the years and I still miss Whisper and Nessie, Tiger and Peanut and several others. Moving is indeed a drag. The dogs too are grieved over. As to the personal post I freely admit to wondering what you would consider personal compared to my laundry list of items I've dredged up. Much affection Rich.
    moving is always so stressful. I really sorry to hear about you cat. what a jerk! (would say a lot stronger words but they'll be bleeped so...)
    I grieved over my dog as much as any family member. I loved Sasha so.
    Grace, hugs to you for the loss of your dear Bear. I don't know what else to say to this, as it is such a sad thing to lose a little pet. The (expletive) that did that has his conscience to live with, what a sorry excuse for a holder of a driver's license. Take care and enjoy your apartment
    Sorry about your cat. Mean People Suck, don't they?
    omg! How could anyone do that to a poor kitty?!
    oh man, I'm very sorry. we have two cats too, and are dreading having something happen to them.