View RSS Feed

title

Beginning Days

Rate this Entry
Creature of the Black Disposal, Arachnaphobia Returns, Suds Suds Everywhere!

Run for your lives!!!! Move in Days are here!!

Okay so moving into my new apartment hasn't been a bunch of corny movie headlines, but let me tell you I have had some interesting experiences thus far.

I am currently sitting here typing while covered in particles of slimy washing machine soap, and my jeans are sopping in areas below my knees. If you cannot get the bed comforter in the washing machine, chances are you should not press the start button after having squished it into the darn thing. You will hear some banging noises (no suds overflowing thank God!) and your brother and his best friend will tell you that you are throwing the machine off balance because you put too much into it. But after having been at your apartment until two thirty in the morning, going home thirty minutes away, and waking up to do the same thing...you get kind of frustrated that the freaking comforter won't obey your every command. So alas, here I am with sticky soap suds up my arm. Eh it happens.

Janine warned me I'd need coffee and that I'd be up late....I think she was telling the future. But the coffee came a little late today.

We took some furniture my fiancee's relatives gave us out of storage today. While I was waiting back at the apartment; heh, waiting is the wrong word, cleaning is more like it...my fiancee and his best friend come back with the sectional sofa and let me know that black widows and daddy long legs have made the underside of our sofa their home. You would think that after only three months in storage the furniture wouldn't have become such a lovely neighborhood! So my sofa is partly in my apartment, and partly out back in my new patio. My fiancee turned one portion upside down to find a mommy daddy long legs () in her web with bunches of baby ones just sitting in the nest. Kind of creepy looking really. Fiancee took a paper towel and swiped it up--hopefully all spiders in one swipe. Uggh baby daddy long legs in my apartment!!!!! I think I've introduced them into their new home.

Unfortunately I will have the vacuum tomorrow to get rid of potential spiders, had they not been smart enough to take off in their new home today.

Future apartment renters, don't ever move into an apartment and trust that they have cleaned it up very nicely for you. My hands ache and my palms have turned a lovely hue of red and purple (hopefully not permanent) because I have been cleaning floors and cabinets and bathrooms for the past few days. When I initially washed the sink, I got water on the floor and stepped on it with my white socks, well, they turned an ugly brown color. Since that first night, I've learned that if you want to make sure the place is clean, do it yourself.

While cleaning the sink, I stare down into the garbage disposal and my whole body cringes. There is something in the disposal that looks kind of like a monster ready to eat my hand (no guys, not the blades ) I freak out and scream for my fiancee doing that whole "Ew ew ew eeewww!!" bit...something white is in the disposal and looks like it is covered in little bugs! Freaking out because it must be something growing in there and flourishing (because nobody has lived there for over a month) I have sweetie (hehe) turn on the garbage disposal...and the thing doesn't go down. I am convinced there are bugs on whatever that thing is that won't disappear, and I ask sweetie (hehehe) to find out what it is....don't you guys love us women?!!

Brave man (and yet grossly annoyed at the same time) puts his hand in the disposal after unplugging it of course, and pulls nasty buggy thing out. Hehe, turns out it is some piece of sticky white plastic that is covered in little brown sesame seed things. Still very gross, but at least I didn't have to break the lease the first day and run out screaming because of a bug infestation. My hero quickly starts looking for a place to throw the monster away. No more nightmares!

Hope I made someone smile with my adventures so far. I am sure there are plenty to come since I am still not done and still not sleeping there. But that will be for another day. Right now my sore fingers are tired of keying.

Remember to clean your apartments when you move in guys. Muwah!
Categories

Comments

But after years of being forced to leave Base Housing spotless I thought the perk of civilian life was to leave the mess and worry behind.
    Woo, Grace86, that is something -- you are very correct in saying that if you want a place spit spot, you'd better start doing things yourself! Have fun, hope no more horrid surprizes await you!
    Oh Grace, poor you....you certainly have my utmost sympathy, especially with the mystery meal left in the disposal - yuk Glad your guy unplugged first. He must be pretty brave to weather through this week - first daddy long-legs, black widows, a walking washer and now buggy celephane!
    Yes, comforters can be problematic. I have a oversize washer and my double bed down comforter just fits, but then I have to go and check it often, keep rearranging and pushing the air out. It looses a bunch of feathers each time and it is getting flatter and flatter - soon ready for the thriftstore donation or use at the beach.
    Hope things improve for you soon and all is spic and span! Janine
    Janine hehe I blew up my down comforter a few months back in my washing machine.... Guess I should have learned from that experience. Haven't slept quite right since.
    great adventures Grace! Haha you made me laugh...you've got a nice way of story-telling! Though, I hope you won't have any future problems with spiders and other things.