View RSS Feed

title

LitNet Forums

Rate this Entry
I was very reluctant to subscribe to this Forum. I'm not sure why. My daughter told me for weeks that I'd really enjoy it and that she thought it would encourage me to start writing again. I don't fancy myself a writer but for some reason unknown to me, she kinda does. So in order to view some of her poems, which she wouldn't email to me, I did check it out. And to my surprise I enjoy it very much. Besides being very impressed by her poems and general writing abilities, I love seeing so much talent. I must be a peeping tom at heart because I really like to look in and see what everyone else has to say. I especially enjoy watching/reading the exchanges between the folks in the religious forums. But I still feel like a tresspasser. I don't think I have anything to add to the exchanges. At least nothing that could equal what is already being said. It's like playing tennis. To improve you must play against a better player. But there is so much to make an old woman think. It's like auditing a class, where I learn but don't have to worry about being graded. And everyone seems so nice! Even the ones who want to argue and point out everyone else's flawed thinking let peek through their inner goodness. It's like a big family who love/like each other but just can't help getting on each other's nerves.
Categories

Comments

I said you would like it and then you were surprised to like it! What does that say about our relationship?
    Oh, you're mother-h's mom! Welcome to lit net. Please don't feel like a tresspasser. I love it when people more my age join and I would hate to lose you. I think it's great that mother and daughter are both here with us. Shall I call you Granny-H? No, I'm just kidding. Hope to see you around.
    That is sweet and we are all glad that you are here! As for those religious threads, I basically stay out of them, because that is where one could find a bit of friction (putting it mildly), and I am a bit of a chicken. Take care, Kizzo
    I've been wondering about you. I haven't been around much and now I don't see you or your daughter. Are you still here at all? Hope things have been well.

amp