View RSS Feed

My Blog...How original.

Chapter II

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
hears the next chapter...

Chapter II
A Home

When Daniel and Alyssa arrived in Faylin they had slept in the tent or outside on the grassy plains under the stars. This would be nice for a few days but Alyssa convinced Daniel that if they were going to stay there for a long while they would need a better shelter. At first when they planned to build a shelter it was going to be a tree house. But Daniel realized that he didn’t know how to build one. Then they thought it could be an underground house, but it would take to long to dig it and they didn’t have any shovels. So in the end they decided to live in a tree.

The next day they started on the biggest tree they could find. . It was even almost bigger then a red wood tree. 10 men could barely reach all the way around it with their arms out stretched. It was located in the thickest part of the woods, where the trees were so close that the trunks almost touched. In the center was where their tree was. It had a clearing big enough to fit comfortably 30 people. Daniel started first to cut two large wholes on the north and south side of the tree; this would be the doors. After a few hours of cutting the doors, they began a fire inside both “doors”. This would be the boring part. For they had to burn the tree hollow so they cold sleep inside it. It was almost dusk and the tree wasn’t even halfway burned through. So they decided that they would take turns watching the fire. Alyssa would watch the fire for about an hour then it would be Daniel’s turn. While he watched the fire she would get a break to sleep or do what ever she wanted to do. As they sat there late that night Alyssa and Daniel had their backs against each other to give each other back support. The night was full of enchantment and magic. They both had been rambling about different things and Daniel had just got this questions.

“If you died tonight what would you want to be you last feeling?” Daniel solemnly asked.

Alyssa was surprised by this question. Why in carnation does her care? Still, she thought about it.

“If I died tonight what would I want my last felling to be? Well, I think happiness and love.” she said.

“Do you think that’s the most important?” David inquired.

“Yes and no. I think that and what you leave behind you when you go.”

“And what do you think you’d leave with me if you died right now?”

She didn’t know quite how to answer it at first.

“ With you?” she said.

“Mmhhmm.” he answered, there was a slight grin on his face that he was glad she couldn't see.

“Well for sure lots of happiness, and maybe just a tad bit of love. Why?”

“Just wondering.”

“No one asks that kind of question just because they’re wondering. Really, why?”

“I was just wondering, really.”

Alyssa couldn’t ague with him for it would be of no use and all they had would end up doing would be to go around in circles. It just wasn’t worth it. Besides they were both tired. She slid down and closed her eyes. Daniel watched the fire then turned to find Alyssa sleeping peacefully. Ears red with ambaresmeant, he smiled and touched her face softly with his fingures. Then pulled quickly back when she sterred. He didn't dare wake her. Smiling, he returned his attention back toward the fire. Though his mind was far off in
_____

They finished the tree by mid-afternoon the next day. It was bristling hot and the two of them wished with all their might that it might cool off some how.

“I wish there was some way to cool off , I’m dieing in this heat.” Alyssa said fanning herself with her hand then wiping the top of her forehead.

“Me, too. I think everything is wishing that just about know,” Daniel sighed.

The two kids lied there imagining a cool pool and some nice, fresh water to drink.

“Hey!” Daniel suddenly shouted as he bolted up. Making Alyssa jump. “ I just had an idea!”

“Obviously,” Alyssa said sarcastically, then pointed out, “But I’ll take it if it means I’ll get cooled off.”

“You bet you would. I thought we could go to Loins fall.”

“That’s a great idea. Duh, Alyssa swimming,” Alyssa said to herself, “But how will we get there? I mean are we going to fly or walk?”

“I want to say fly but Latanya isn’t in a mood to be disturbed. She’s really hot, and when she gets hot she gets cranky.”

Alyssa made a face about walking but she slowly got up and went to change. Then they dashed off toward Lions fall.
_____

They were climbing up a giant bolder that was right next to the waterfall. The cool mist brushed against there skin. It felt good, especially on that hot day.

“Careful, it’s slippery up here!” Daniel, up front, yelled. Just in time for him slip himself.

“Ha, ha- Wow!” Alyssa started to laugh, then slipped.

But they didn’t bother moving from there. For their position was comfortable and had a wonderful view of the Lions fall.

“It’s beautiful,” Alyssa said breathily.

“Who cares,” Daniel, like most boys would, exclaimed, “ if it looks good, as long as it feels good.”

“I beg to differ,” she said in an (pretend) English accent. Teasing him, of course.

“Why would you do that?” he asked, not catching on.

Alyssa rolled her eyes.

“I think it matters if the view is nice or not.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. I just do.”

“Well you should know why you think.”

“I do. I just can’t think of it this minute.”

“Whatever.” Daniel said realizing that the conversation was going nowhere.

It all fell silent.

“I’m bored,” Daniel, seemly never satisfied, said after a while.

“Me, too.” Alyssa, just as Daniel, replied.

“You want to go swimming?”

“And climb all the way down?!”

“No,” and with that he took off his pants. But don’t worry, he always were black shorts under his pants. He turned and jumped off the edge. Alyssa leaned over the edge. Daniel hooped and hollered with glee.

“Come on in!” he yelled, “ The water’s real nice.”

Alyssa was glad, as any girl might be, that she got her tankini for 75% off. And that she had brought it with her.

Squeezing her eyes shut she jumped. The cool water engulped her, when her head emerged she flung her hair, making it slap against her neck. She wiped her eyes to see were Daniel was. But she couldn’t find him! Did he get sucked under the falls?!

“Daniel!” she yelled, “ Daniel!! Daniel!!!”

All of a sudden something grabbed her leg and pulled her under. She gasped for air as she went to the surface. Daniel was right behind her, laughing. Alyssa, in playful anger, splashed him as hard as she could. He splashed back. Alyssa swam over to him and dunked him under. He popped up behind her. If you could have been there to see the sight it you would be laughing with them. Having two kids splashing, laughing, a waterfall thundering, and over all just being in Faylin. No one could of helped but love it.

Alyssa and Daniel stayed in the water till dusk. Either having a splash fight, laying on the sand, or sitting side-by-side wading there feet. While wading Alyssa and Daniel struck up a conversation.

“Do you think we should be heading back?” Alyssa asked.

“No, it’s almost dark and I think we should stay the night. We could get lost not having any light.”

“But Latanya might worry.”

“Yeah, and my foots blue.” Daniel sarcastically said. Meaning that he really didn’t care.

“Alright, I get it.”

Alyssa suddenly jumped up.

“Were are you going, Alyssa?”

“To get some wood. If we stay, we’ll need to keep warm. Besides, we’ll need some kind of shelter.”

“Good point,” Daniel said also getting up. “Let me help.”

“O.k. I’m game. You go to that side and I’ll take this.”

“ We’ll just go together.”

“But it’ll go faster if we sepperate.”

“But it’ll go faster.” Daniel mimicked as he went to “his side”.

It took an hour or so before they came back. It was so dark they had hardly enough light to see what there doing. They skipped dinner, because of the light; this made them both in a bad sort of mood when they went to bed. But when they got up the next morning they were in such a good mood, they practically forgot about the night before. They caught two fish and cooked them on the coals.

“So when do we plan to attack the pirates?” Alyssa asked.

“Wha? Oh, maybe tomorrow. But it depends on you.”

“Me! Why me?”

“’Cause I don’t know if you would want to dress as a boy.”

“A boy? Why in the world would I dress as a boy?”

“How many pirates would be afraid of a girl?” he rested his head on his hand and gazed at her.

“None, I guess.”

“And if we got caught what would happen?”

Alyssa didn’t answer.

“Exactly. So what you do is this: you dress up as a boy and we go over and attack.”

“That’s it?”

“No…”

He went on and on about what they would do. I would normally write what he said but you most likely would get bored, and I, a hand cramp. There isn’t, I assure you, much importance of what he said. But let us forget, for at least now, all about that and get on with the story.

Alyssa bent down and lie on the sand. She sifted threw it with her fingures. As she did she found a delicate little shell about the size of her thumbnail. It was very beautiful. She wished she could have it as a necklace.

“Daniel,” she asked, “do you have a nail or something?”

“Why?” he said as he crawled up to her on his elbow.

“So I can punch a hole in this shell. I want to make a necklace.”

“Here, let me see it.”

He pulled out a small pocketknife and started to slowly twist it into the shell. But the knife slipped and pierced his finger.

“Ouch!” he yelled as he quickly stuck his finger in his mouth. He dropped the shell.

Alyssa picked up the shell and took the knife out of Daniel’s hand.

“Let me try.”

Daniel was about to protest but before he could, Alyssa easily slipped the knife in and made a hole. He was left with his mouth wide open. She ripped a long, thin piece of cloth of the bottom of her top. Then strung it through the hole she had made in the shell. David was impressed.

“Can you make me one?” he asked.

“Later. We should be heading back.”
__________________________________________________ _______________
Categories

Comments

You're a good writer, are you working on your own book?

Thank you for your thougthful comment, much appreciated. Jin (I'm 14)
    yeah... i just finished it. i'm posting it hear so i can find what people think.
    I enjoyed Chapter II, the dialogue was very entertaining, you can easily fall into the story with it. The sentence structure, though, of the non-dialogue material I found to be of short, terse sentences. A criticism of mine would be to have fuller, more elaborate sentences. Don't take offence by my words, please, it is only a thought, as I read through the Chapter. All in all, though, a good read, and I thank you for sharing. Kizzo
    That's a fairly good episode. It moved along nicely. It needs editing, but it holds together, except for one point.