View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Disinformation

Rate this Entry
After looking at more information that has been presented to people for consideration, I have come to the conclusion that there isn’t much factual information in news. Due to the lack of valis information, I don’t know have enough facts to build opinions from. It appears that all political parties, and all countries are using disinformation on a regular basis.

As one example, it appears that the news from the Ukraine War is being written by people who are into gaming. There may be some facts involved, but most of the information appears to have been developed for propaganda purposes. Just today, 5/3/2023, there was an item about a drone attack on the Kremlin. That seemed reasonable. Then the Russians started calling it an assassination attempt, which is not unreasonable. Then the Ukrainian government said that it had nothing to do with the attack, which is not unreasonable. That leaves us with drone attack on the Kremlin by an unknown party. I had wondered about casualties in that war, but no numbers are being provided by either government, so the newsies have published number that were estimated by the U.S. military, but the numbers were stolen and sold to the news outlets by persons unknown.

Then there are these so-called “mass murders”. I wonder about them, especially the one that reads like a work of fiction: seven bodies found, during a search for two missing boys. There probably is quite a story there, but it will take a long time for it to come out.

Some hundreds of thousands of people in the U.S.A. disappear every year, and most of them never reappear. Does that mean that there are thousands of bodies being buried by people like that or like Hannibal the Cannibal?

Elsewhere in the news, there is a flood on the Mississippi. Unfortunately, the one who wrote one article told readers that the flood waters were above the crest, but he didn’t explain how that was possible. From what I have read and can figure out, the crest is moving downstream and there will be floods in various places as the crest goes by, but it will not crest above the crest. I believe that at some time, the river will break through and change its outlet to the Atchafalaya at Port Arthur. That may happen this year, or it may happen almost any year. We will have to wait to see, but it will not happen dues to “climate change”; it will happen, because the river is higher than the sea level, and the present course is longer and higher than cutting a shortcut to Port Arthur will be. We can be pretty confident that the news media will call it climate change regards of actual fact.

Another good thing to ignore is news about the debt ceiling. The Republicans need to raise it as much as the Dems do, but they need to fight about it. The whole thing could be simplified, but that would require getting rid of Congress.

As for Sudan, it is sad. Apparently, various bandits are trying to take the better positions. They would be better off going to a wealthier country to rob the common people. There is little worth stealing in Sudan.

The United Kingdom has a new monarch, but he doesn’t have to do much, since he is now one of the richest people in the world. Remember a while back, when the king had to fight rebellious barons and invaders. That wasn’t very long ago.

Rather than going into details about all of the science that is reported as fact, when it is mostly just theories and guesses, I just wish that people weren’t so willing to accept whatever someone says of writes. And it would be nice, if people were willing to change their minds when the actual facts came out. Some people buy into a guess or theory or opinion so much that they feel that they should stay with that come Hell or high water. Even the words change over not a very long time. I started thing about the redefinition of the word “gender”. That redefinition just made the matter of sex and related matters more difficult to discuss. Then there was in the early 1970’s, when the American Indian Movement decided to call American Indians’ “native Americans”. When Mr. Leonard Peltier told me that, I remarked “I don’t think that does what you want. I was born here.” He nodded in agreement, but shortly thereafter the announcement was made, but the American Indian Movement did not change its name.

Comments