View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

The End is Near

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
I had expected Trump’s re-election campaign to die from major illness on his part. I thought it would be physical illness, but it seems that moral and psychological illness is the reason. It was in this the last week of September, and there were two major components to Trump's demise: the report of his federal income tax return hurt him, but Trump scoffed it as fake news, even though we had already known the information in general, but the details filled in a lot of the details, even though the actual returns were not published.

But the debate may be even worse for Trump, because it clearly showed him as an erratic person. I am sure that many Trump supporters will continue to support him, but those are the hardcore bigots; the ordinary Republicans don’t have any interest in racism or bigotry, and they expect fair-play. It wasn’t long ago, when all Black people were registered Republicans, because it was the party of Lincoln, and the South was straight Democrat for the same reason. But Trumps has scared away the Old-line Republicans, if any were left, and he picked up more of the bigot fringe voters.

One interesting thing about the debate was that one did not have to hear a word to tell who was doing what. Trump looked angry and nasty, while Biden looked calm and rational. And that is what the commentary this morning said, even from sources that are usually pro-Republican. I have never thought much of Trump, but I had thought that he conducted himself fairly well, even when he was being nasty. One thing that came to mind this morning was that he might have been looking for a way out of the presidency without being defeated. He hadn’t intended to be elected in 2016. He ran for the publicity and the money that might bring, but hew expected to be defeated until late in the campaign. He hadn't done anything to prepare for being elected, and he tried to pick up the pieces in December, but he still wasn’t ready by inauguration day. He still isn’t ready to serve, so getting out now would make life easier for him.

Many people are surprised that he is still in office, because he hadn’t wanted to be there, and he has engaged in so much criminal activity since he became president. He can’t give himself amnesty, and Biden wouldn’t, so that might be his only reason for staying in office, to avoid prosecution. His other alternative would be to flee to a country that does not have an extradition treaty with the U.S.A., such as Russia.

It will be a few days before the post debate poll numbers will become available, but we can be confident that they will show a boost for Biden. From that point on it will be a question of when Trump will throw in the towel. The answer to that might be: never, but I don’t think he will push the attempt too overthrow the election results as much as he appeared to have been planning, or it might be that Biden will have a clear win by dawn on November 4, even thought the president will not be elected until the Electors vote in December, and that will not be official until the results will be opened in a joint session of Congress in January; that will be the new Congress.

I had been a little worried about the presidential election until this week. Now we can start hoping that the radical fringes will start to pay attention to the voice of reason that Biden will provide. Inshallah!

Updated 09-30-2020 at 10:29 PM by PeterL

Tags: biden, drop out, trump
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Interesting post.

I am not familiar with America. I just hope that law and order is imposed in a forceful way onto the states where there is trouble. The constitution permits wide powers to individual states and quite a few run by inept leaders have diminished the Rule of Law. We can all only hope for law and order. #lawandorder

Also, I pray, as Biden struggles with memory loss - that he can recover somehow. This memory loss and loss of mental faculty may be perceived as a weakness, and he would be taken advantage of by the "radical fringes" you mention in your last paragraph.

It is now time to walk my dog. I just need to get the dog whistle and his treats, and I am off.
    I don't know where you get your news, but you should take it with grain os salt.

Lack of law and order is not a significant issue, even though Trump tries to make it into something. While there may be protests at night in a few cities, during the day time those places are carrying on as usual without any problems. The state and local leaders are quite competent, unlike the guy in the Oval Office, and they do not need outside help; although they might like to have fewer outsiders going in and trying to start race riots.

Joe Biden is sharp as a tack. He shows no signs of mental deterioration, unlike Trump who acts like a child having a tantrum. Trump has little understanding of current domestic and foreign developments. He ran for president for the publicity, so he might make money from it, but he has no idea how government operates. He seems to think that he can run the U.S.A. as he has run his enterprises, which he ran into bankruptcy six times, and in a few more years, he might run the U.S.A. into bankruptcy.

You might want to find better sources of news. Multiple soources are best, because none can be trusted all of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterL
    I don't know where you get your news, but you should take it with grain os salt.

Lack of law and order is not a significant issue, even though Trump tries to make it into something. While there may be protests at night in a few cities, during the day time those places are carrying on as usual without any problems. The state and local leaders are quite competent, unlike the guy in the Oval Office, and they do not need outside help; although they might like to have fewer outsiders going in and trying to start race riots.

Joe Biden is sharp as a tack. He shows no signs of mental deterioration, unlike Trump who acts like a child having a tantrum. Trump has little understanding of current domestic and foreign developments. He ran for president for the publicity, so he might make money from it, but he has no idea how government operates. He seems to think that he can run the U.S.A. as he has run his enterprises, which he ran into bankruptcy six times, and in a few more years, he might run the U.S.A. into bankruptcy.

You might want to find better sources of news. Multiple soources are best, because none can be trusted all of the time.

I think we fully understand each other. Multiple sources? Is this 1974? Do you really buy my naivete? Don't buy it.
    I think we fully understand each other. Multiple sources? Is this 1974? Do you really buy my naivete? Don't buy it.

I am just amazed at anyone's ability to overcome early dementia and general forgetfulness, not just Joe Biden. Law and order is one of the pillars of any society. We all value it as important.
    I fear there may be some fake news around, Tony. A fact is that today presidential debates in general aren´t limited to public matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonywalt
    I think we fully understand each other. Multiple sources? Is this 1974? Do you really buy my naivete? Don't buy it..
    I don't think that you understand.

I am just amazed at anyone's ability to overcome early dementia and general forgetfulness, not just Joe Biden. Law and order is one of the pillars of any society. We all value it as important.
    I'm sorry to learn that you have that problem.
    I abhor the subtle intolerance within the artistic and literary community.